Main Menu

rallye dash housing

Started by realn96, January 08, 2018, 11:19:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

realn96

I am putting together the dash for my cuda today . I have a new rallye wood plate from performance car graphics that I was getting ready to install. I noticed that my black plastic housing was pretty dirty so I am cleaning it up. My question to everyone is the four round tunnels on the housing that go down to the gauges, are they supposed to be painted? or just polish up the black plastic and call it a day?  :wrenching:

VCODE

Check this out. Original brown paint
Bob

Shane Kelley

I freshened up my plastic housing with SEM trim black before putting it together.  :alan2cents: Made it look like brand new.

Claudia

Quote from: Shane Kelley on January 08, 2018, 12:10:12 PM
I freshened up my plastic housing with SEM trim black before putting it together.  :alan2cents: Made it look like brand new.

:iagree: I did the same!

realn96

HEMICUDA

The "tunnels" are textured paint.  That's the only part of the housing that was painted and not bare plastic.  That was done so there wasn't any glare coming off the smooth bare plastic.  SEM does work very well.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Claudia on January 08, 2018, 12:51:41 PM

Your brown is to shiny & to red...I'd redo it... :alan2cents:

Claudia

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 10, 2018, 09:45:58 AM
Quote from: Claudia on January 08, 2018, 12:51:41 PM

Your brown is to shiny & to red...I'd redo it... :alan2cents:

I also had the same opinion when I was building the dash out of the car.
However, once I installed the dash into the car it looked completely different . . . at least in my opinion.
Maybe it's just the lighting.

Shane Kelley

It should be more brown.  Top is original and bottom is Performance Graphics.

realn96

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 10, 2018, 08:21:50 AM
The "tunnels" are textured paint.  That's the only part of the housing that was painted and not bare plastic.  That was done so there wasn't any glare coming off the smooth bare plastic.  SEM does work very well.

That's what I thought was on there! I knew there must have been some type of paint on there that gave it that look. I wasn't sure if it was that or my housing tunnels where messed up from the sun ! Thanks Mike. What type of textured paint should I use??

realn96

Hold on I forgot! I have the textured paint that I used on the dash face and steering column!  :drunk:

HEMICUDA

Quote from: realn96 on January 10, 2018, 01:48:52 PM
Hold on I forgot! I have the textured paint that I used on the dash face and steering column!  :drunk:

Odds are, all the paint is still on the tunnels, leave it and freshen up the whole bezel and tunnels with the SEM.

Spikedog08

Great thread!  Something I'm working on soon!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

71-440

OK so you might laugh at this but what the heck is SEM?   :notsure:
Joe