Main Menu

Rear upper seat, can't get it any lower.

Started by FSHTAIL, May 23, 2021, 04:19:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

FSHTAIL

So I've got the bottom cushion in place.   

Got the pressboard in place. 

I've got the upper seats 2 male guides into the female section on the bottom, uppers are in the grooves.   

This is as far as she goes, seems to bottom out on the seat belt retractors and middle of the lower seats trans hump.   

Is this how these are supposed to sit?sit?
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

73chalngr

If I remember correctly the top goes on first those hoops on the bottom of the top are not guides you should have two bolts that go through the hoops and bolts them to the parts that you think the hoops were supposed to slide into . It may sit a little high because I believe they were supposed to be jute below the package tray cardboard .

Bullitt-

It sounds like your trying to put the back's lower loops (you call male guides?) into the the brackets. 
They go in front & a course threaded bolt goes through each loop into the bracket.
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

The male parts of the upper rear seat do NOT go inside the female parts on the floor, they just lay on top... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FSHTAIL

Awww jeez.   

Its been too long since I had this together.   

Thanks for the help.   
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)