Main Menu

Red interior E bodies: looking for help on plastics color code

Started by Tx9h6e4cuda, December 20, 2021, 01:50:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mr Lee

What is EW1, E4, D21?  I am not fluent in code.  Or where does a guy like me go to look these up so I can understand what ya'all are talkin about? 
: )

Nice car btw.  Red interiors look sweet on a black car.

I am the brother mentioned above and I do recommend the SEM paint I got from TCP Global.  I sprayed it with an air gun too but I think they can also put it in a rattle can for those that want to go that route.

The suede paint for the dash frame is spot on in my opinion.  It's really beautiful stuff.  Has a nice bit of texture to it.  And for the vinyl parts, the adhesion promoter is like spraying a fine mist of glue.  It really makes everything stick.  Just make sure everything is super clean.

So, my door panels were black, and my dash pad was black but everything else was my original green interior pieces that I painted over.  The only thing I didn't spray was my sun visors, back seat and new front seat covers. 

At one angle it looks like my dash pad colot matches the dash frame, but at another angle it looks different.  But most everything matches pretty well and I am pleased with it. 

Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

cuda hunter

EW1=alpine white exterior
D21=A833 4 speed
E5= Red interior

I have the little white book, but most decoders will have those codes.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Shoooter

I have a red interior.  I ordered a red set and they ended up being white ones painted red. Herbs paint is the best match as I had to dye lots of the other interior stuff like the kick panels, headliner trim, dash frame ect. The SEMS is more of a fire red. With light coats it holds up very well. I only recommend that use use the light colour primer it calls for. You will need to lighten up the panels from black otherwise it will turn out dark. The primer coat will determine how bright thr top coat is.

cuda hunter

:iagree: If you put red directly on the black , the red color will turn out much darker than what your after.
The adhesion primer makes a big difference for how long the dye will stick to the plastic. Definitely use it.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Wayne

Glad I found this thread.  I'm in the same scenario.  My car has red interior.  I was able to get Red Metro panels a while back as mine weren't in good shape.

I just scored a nice set of original red sun visors. :banana:  I didn't have the mounting covers and they are only repop'ed in black.  I tried the SEM Firethorn Red but that is too dark. 

I just ordered the Portala Red to try.  Will have that tomorrow and report back.  If that isn't close I will try the Herbs one. 

1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

Wayne

The SEM portala Red showed up today and sprayed that.....its more red but still off quite a bit.  I called up Herbs and ordered a can of their Red.  He said they matched it to the Legendary red seat covers for the E body.  So this should be as good as I can get.  Will report back on that in a couple days.

The portala Red is on the bottom, Firethorn on top
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A