Main Menu

Redline Gaugeworks/Dakota Digital VHX Gauge Housing Fit

Started by pfonda, July 01, 2020, 05:44:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

pfonda

Finally got the custom Dakota Digital VHX gauges in, these are actually through Redline Gaugeworks as a match to the OEM style gauge faces, but is made by DD. Trying to get the fit of these right with the OEM Rallye gauge housing, but the gauge faces seem to be off, especially for the gauges on the right side.

For those of you who have done a DD VHX gauge install, any issues with fit? Any trimming of the gauge housing needed? From talking with Redline, seems like even with their initial mock-up they had to do some trimming. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

edison1970

Hard to see with the shadow at the top of the gauges.  Are they not centered?

pfonda

Here's a couple more pics, the North side of the gauges are shifted up (or the gauge Housing is shifted low)

FSHTAIL

With how much you paid for these, the shouldn't be your problem, I would have them make it proper for you unless you can adjust the gauge position?

Can you get some good pictures all around the gauge without the cover on it?
1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

slimpickins

Hi I am interested in purchsing the Dakota Digital gauges and saw your post.  I am wondering if there is any update on your issue?  Were you able to getthe gauges to fit and align with the bezel?

pfonda

I did get these in, the main gauge housing (the piece the wood grain panel mounts to) need trimming on the circular piece, more so on the gauges on the right hand side. When I called Redline Gaugeworks about the fitment issues, they did mention they had to trim their housing as well when doing the initial mock-up, seems like it may be needed for all installs although they don't call this out at all. The gauges work well, but a couple inner connections were reversed and had to be swapped to make it work properly (for the turn signal lights)

JonH

I have a set and they fit very nice. Looks like those may be mounted incorrectly or dash frame may be tweaked?... :dunno:

pfonda

These sere from Redline gaugeworks, custom build by Dakota Digital, not the standard VHX kits, maybe that's why I had fitment issues. They were easy to fix, however, and assume if you order the newer kits from Dakota direct, they've worked out all the fitment issues.

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Husk Challenger

I have the same problem with my VHX and i bought it directly from Dakota Digital.
I have to remove it and check what is wrong. I was thinking about my dash frame maybe...
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

Mopar5

Ive been looking at the Dakota set up for a while. I think the OEM look will probably sway my decision to get them. With that set up do you still need to use the oem lens or is the lens incorporated into the guages?

ragtopdodge

Quote from: Mopar5 on July 29, 2020, 07:05:33 PM
Ive been looking at the Dakota set up for a while. I think the OEM look will probably sway my decision to get them. With that set up do you still need to use the oem lens or is the lens incorporated into the guages?

Pretty sure you use your OEM lens

Mopar5

Quote from: ragtopdodge on July 31, 2020, 03:23:58 PM
Quote from: Mopar5 on July 29, 2020, 07:05:33 PM

Pretty sure you use your OEM lens

—Bummer another thing to buy :bigmoney:

pfonda

Finally got the kinks worked out for the gauges and new dash put in. Ended up putting in the GPS speedo unit as well from Dakota Digital.