Main Menu

Remote cable mirror bracket.

Started by GoMangoBoys, March 25, 2022, 05:02:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I am putting the final touches on the door assembly and was puzzled as to how to keep the remote mirror cables from dragging the window.  Some searching here on the forum showed me that there was a remote mirror cable bracket.  After seeing what it looked like, I realized that i had one.  I had it with engine parts because i had thought it was so e type of bracket for the engine.  Seemed pretty straight forward as to how it goes in, but I included a picture here for future reference.

anlauto

Yea...That's a 70 only thing, but the later years could certainly have used it too  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

Anyone have an extra one of those brackets? I'm not sure I've seen those reproduced.  :help:

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on March 25, 2022, 05:21:53 PM
Yea...That's a 70 only thing, but the later years could certainly have used it too  :looney:
Ya, on my '73 it's just a plastic clip.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

B5fourspeed

Dakota

Quote from: B5fourspeed on March 26, 2022, 10:48:28 AM
On ebay new reproduction.

@B5fourspeed I went looking for one on eBay without success.   Could you send a link to ad or type out the search words you used?  Thanks for the help.

B5fourspeed

headejm

Dakota

Thanks for the ebay link b54speed.   Hopefully the item will be back in stock soon.   Much obliged!

7E-Bodies

I have one that will eventually go on my 70 during assembly. I'm amazed at how simple these would be to make if one has the basics of metal work down. If you'd like exact measurements, I'll gladly create a post for any future seekers of these.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

headejm

@7E-Bodies I would gladly take a dimensional drawing of the bracket. Thanks for the offer!  :cheers:

Dakota

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on March 27, 2022, 09:27:52 AM
I have one that will eventually go on my 70 during assembly. I'm amazed at how simple these would be to make if one has the basics of metal work down. If you'd like exact measurements, I'll gladly create a post for any future seekers of these.

Me too!  Thanks for the offer.

7E-Bodies

@headejm and @Dakota watch for a thread. I'll make a separate write up with pics so others can find it in the future. I'm headed for the shop in a bit. PS: for the $70 that the ebay site was charging, perhaps I'd make a couple... :unitedstates: :thinking: :twothumbsup:
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

headejm