Main Menu

Repro door pannels

Started by 70rtse, May 25, 2022, 05:08:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70rtse

Test fitting my repro door pannels before i have them painted and noticed the gap between the felt to the door is wider in the middle also sits a little bit lower than the door
Pictures of the new pannels compared to the original ones

70rtse

Had to trim the plastic on the inside from the new ones to get them to fit

anlauto

Those are the DashTop/Palco panels which have had nothing but bad reviews since they were introduced. You have to expect less then a great fit when dealing with those. Once painted and secured in place, I'm sure you'll be some what happy with them. If not, then you'll have to "step-up" to the better quality Metro panels. :alan2cents:

I'll be dealing with the same issues with the convertible rear panels I've ordered for my car  :headbang: :console:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70rtse

Got them from legendary years ago and yes there palco

Also the arm rests dont fit the best also.

My originals are chalky not sure if there is a way to repair them

340Challman

Quote from: 70rtse on May 25, 2022, 06:06:41 AM
Got them from legendary years ago and yes there palco

Also the arm rests dont fit the best also.

My originals are chalky not sure if there is a way to repair them

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but what was the final outcome on your panels? Do you have any pictures of the final product/install? Not just the top, but the whole panel. I'm needing all the interior plastics for my car and just trying to find the best. Thanks.
Kevin

anlauto

Quote from: 340Challman on August 13, 2023, 03:17:00 PM
I'm needing all the interior plastics for my car and just trying to find the best. Thanks.

Contact Jon or Dave at Roseville Moparts, they sell the best available and members here get a discount !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration