Main Menu

Reverse Light Indicator Location

Started by 303 Mopar, March 22, 2017, 09:36:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ScottSmith_Harms

The firewall hole location can also come in handy, someone else made this up years ago, good for reference.

cataclysm80

I want to say that Snoopy was the person who made that firewall diagram.  People have been sharing that picture for well over a decade.

Cuda Cody

Yup, that's (Earl) Snoopy's Cuda.  He didn't tell many people that it was a real Hemi Cuda.   :D  When I bought that car from him he gave me a disk and it had all the original photos that he used for that reference.  You might notice he photoshopped the shaker cable hole out of the photo too.  He said he didn't want people to see that it was a shaker Cuda and never told anyone he was a real Hemi because he was worried someone might steal it.

Quote from: cataclysm80 on March 24, 2017, 04:52:07 PM
I want to say that Snoopy was the person who made that firewall diagram.  People have been sharing that picture for well over a decade.

cataclysm80

Here is the much less frequently shared, passenger side of the firewall.

cataclysm80

It's important to note that the pictured Firewall is a 1970 'Cuda.   There is a later version of the picture which is labeled 1970.

The Reverse light wiring passes through a different location in 1971, and also has a larger hole.
I don't see a pic at the moment, but I think the 1971 location might have been on the passenger side of the bulkhead connector.
Here's a pic of the 70 vs. 71 lights with different grommets.

cataclysm80

Not exactly a photo of the different location, but I suppose this engineering diagram will do.
Item T  is the Reverse light wiring
There is a note for F series (1970) location, and G series (1971) location.

Cuda Cody

cataclysm80

In 1970, The Reverse light on the dash had to leave room for the optional C15 Deluxe Seat Belt light.

option C15 wasn't available on the 1971 and later cars.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: cataclysm80 on March 24, 2017, 07:38:26 PM
It's important to note that the pictured Firewall is a 1970 'Cuda.   There is a later version of the picture which is labeled 1970.

The Reverse light wiring passes through a different location in 1971, and also has a larger hole.
I don't see a pic at the moment, but I think the 1971 location might have been on the passenger side of the bulkhead connector.
Here's a pic of the 70 vs. 71 lights with different grommets.
I have put this in a few threads but it looks like a good place here also. 71 Cuda reverse light harness goes through firewall just above throttle pedal studs. Just below hard brake line. See pic.

Shoooter

I know this is a old topic but there is good info in it. It never covered if the dash hole location is the same on a 70 and 71. I know the 70 also had the seat belt light so it was pushed to one side. Did they keep it the same for a 71?

mccannix

Should be same location on dash 1970-74.
I guess it depends on your measurement left to right, inch and a quarter verses inch and one eighth

Dakota

For what it's worth, it took only one bump with my knee to knock the bezel off my new reverse light.   Be gentle with it.   Gel (thick) super glue fixed mine. 

B5fourspeed

I have a brand new in the wrapper 70 4 speed reverse light harness that goes from the fuse box to the tranny.Bought 2 by mistake.Free to good home.

erik70rt

Quote from: B5fourspeed on April 30, 2021, 11:59:03 AM
I have a brand new in the wrapper 70 4 speed reverse light harness that goes from the fuse box to the tranny.Bought 2 by mistake.Free to good home.

I could gladly use that!!!!!  PM sent!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Dakota

Quote from: B5fourspeed on April 30, 2021, 11:59:03 AM

Gotta love this place.   :bravo: :bravo: