Main Menu

Seat track identification help

Started by Shoooter, February 09, 2020, 01:11:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

Does anyone have a picture of the correct seat tracks for a 71 cuda. Everywhere I look online has different ones. are the 70s the same as well because I see listings  say 1970 to 1974. does anybody sell the springs and the knob. I have the one piece for the track without the handle.

anlauto

The top picture are 70-71, the bottom picture is the later ones. I'm not sure when the eliminated the cross over cable and the locking arm on the inside track. :thinking:  Either or, once mounted in the car they will work the same  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

So the bottom set would work if the springs are put on it? The other side of the track just wont lock? I might have to do that till I can find a set

anlauto

Yea, for sure, you just need the long black spring and the small yellow spring and you're good to go !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shoooter

anlauto

I have lots of the large black ones, maybe some used yellow ones...I'll have a look tomorrow....
I know the yellow ones are sold separately  :thinking:

anlauto

Shooter....here's what I found in my junk pile....sorry I could only come up with one used yellow spring, but they are available separately in reproduction.

Shoooter

I might have one yellow spring. I'll check when I get home

Shoooter

I have the one yellow one but that's all I have

anlauto

Do you want the ones I have ?
PM me your address and I'll send them to you for FREE buddy....

You just have to be my friend  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Shoooter

JS29

Quote from: anlauto on February 10, 2020, 06:48:56 PM
Do you want the ones I have ?
PM me your address and I'll send them to you for FREE buddy....

You just have to be my friend  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
You must be the Canadian version of don Corleone!

Shoooter

Just recieved my package Alan! Thank you again! @anlauto