Main Menu

Challenger sunvisor repair

Started by antonellomopar, December 14, 2021, 03:49:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

antonellomopar

Hello
I am trying to fix the sunvisors on my 71 Challenger. Driver side only needed some WD 40 to swing up and down. But pass side doesnt move. Tried several shots of WD 40...but no success. The sunvisor wont more. It seems frozen on the shaft.  Any suggestions? It is the 71 sunvisor...and would like to keep it. Thank you for the help

Floyd

My opinion, but it's probably rusted beyond repair.  The rod coming off the mounting bracket slides into a looped steel insert inside the visor.  It kind of works like a door hinge.  Without corrosion, you can work the rod out of the insert by twisting and pulling.  If you are able to get it out, you might be able to smooth it out with steel wool or sand paper.  I have some extra hard parts left over from restoring mine that you're welcome to.  The vinyl parts aren't bad but may not be up to the standards you're after.  You can sometimes improve indentations in the visors by laying them out in the hot sun.  The visor on the right has a small hole near the mounting end.

anlauto

:iagree: it's really difficult to save a visor when they are seized like that  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

antonellomopar

I have seen...it is getting in worse shape...

Floyd...sent you a PM

Floyd