Main Menu

Weird 1971 Challenger Window Motor Question

Started by Daveh, May 10, 2017, 07:02:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

larry4406

great info!

any details on the "scallop" cutting or notch for the vert regulator?

Unrelated question, but when I try to save these images they save as a jpg_thumb only and useless.

cataclysm80

Quote from: larry4406 on May 13, 2017, 07:52:06 AM
any details on the "scallop" cutting or notch for the vert regulator?

Unrelated question, but when I try to save these images they save as a jpg_thumb only and useless.

Yes, quite a few details and pics of the notch for the convertible regulators was posted, including some measurements.

Under each picture is a link that you can click on to download the image.  Try that, and see if it works better for you.

1 Wild R/T

This is about as definitive of a thread as I've seen on E body power windows.... It needs to get archived.....

cataclysm80

Thank You!
I had actually planned on making a more detailed power window thread, and just posted the stuff here that might help with the question.
There's also wiring diagrams, factory relay identification info, switch comparison pics, grommet sizes, etc.

If you look closely, there's two styles of convertible quarter regulators.  One has a deeper section in the notching.
I had saved the info on that somewhere, but don't see it at the moment.  I think it's an early vs late thing.  Maybe 70 vs 71.

larry4406

Any details on the circled scallop cutout?