Main Menu

WTB rear window Molding SE challenger 1971

Started by the owl, December 13, 2017, 03:56:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

the owl

Hey guys, recently started a new build and I'm just picking up parts. One that I can't find is the rear window molding for an se window. I have found a whole window and plug with trim for $600 but I'm trying to bit a bit cheaper as I only need the molding.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Roadman

If the trim is decent, buy it. I paid more than that just for trim.   :unitedstates: :rebelflag"

the owl

Yeah, I saw those on eBay. The worry for me is, what if I can't find the last lower corner....

RUNCHARGER

I would buy the $600 setup and then try to sell the plug and glass. SE stuff is hard to track down and there is alot of it.
Sheldon

headejm

:iagree: Very difficult to find SE rear glass, especially in good shape. Should be worth $200 or so by itself.

Cuda Cody

Where are you located?  I'll ask around and see if anyone local around here has the trim.

the owl

I'm in the Denver CO area, the search continues!

71GranCoupe

Something to keep in mind, there will most likely be more rear windows than trim. A lot of the trim was damaged while being removed.  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

The fibreglass plug seems to be the easiest part to find. I chopped one up last summer after it didn't sell.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

@the owl   Any Luck?

the owl

Yeah, I wound up picking up a full window, plug, trim, and interior bezel instead of just the trim. It was a little more pricey than I wanted but I got tired of looking.