Main Menu

392 Hemi build

Started by RacerX, May 06, 2021, 10:13:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RacerX

Quote from: daaboots on January 13, 2023, 01:44:45 PM
It looks like you have the engine back together at this point, but if you pull it back out I'd recommend installing a 6.2 Hellcat oil pump. There's lot of talk online about the stock units not delivering enough oil to the cam & lifters. I just went through all this with my 5.7 that suffered the dreaded "HEMI tick"... the cam lobe and lifter on one of the cylinders was completely destroyed. I went with the 6.2 pump since it delivers much more oil pressure (or volume...?)

Just some food for thought.

That is a good suggestion, and I'd planned to document the exact parts I have been using in the build but
haven't been able to do it yet.

The oil pump used here is p/n 68195993AD which is the 6.2 hellcat pump.   Oddly enough, it is significantly less
expensive than the stock 6.4 pump.   

360fish

I'm starting to put my puzzle pieces together and really like the old school looking intake and throttle body idea...

What intake and throttle body did you end up going with?  Looks like a Holley efi TB in one of the pictures...

I have a lot to learn about Terminator X and what throttle body to use, how the lash-up works, etc.    :notsure:

Has it fired up yet?   :popcorn:

Thank you
Alan
1973 'Cuda   Semi-Pro Touring
360 SB - 518/OD auto tranny - FAST EZ EFI - Edelbrock Fuel sump - HHR fan
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to '72 offset

RacerX

Quote from: 360fish on April 25, 2023, 09:41:40 PM
I'm starting to put my puzzle pieces together and really like the old school looking intake and throttle body idea...

What intake and throttle body did you end up going with?  Looks like a Holley efi TB in one of the pictures...

I have a lot to learn about Terminator X and what throttle body to use, how the lash-up works, etc.    :notsure:

Has it fired up yet?   :popcorn:

Thank you
Alan

Sorry for the late reply...   I have been away traveling for the last couple months.

The intake is the OCP dual plane EFI intake.    It was the best all-around intake I could
find that has the old-school look and allows the shaker setup to work but is still EFI.

The throttle body is the Holley 4-barrel EFI throttle body.   Low profile, and direct bolt-on to the intake.

Fuel rails are from the 6.1 hemi, preferred due to the routing of the crossover hose.

Filthy Filbert

How did you order the OCP intake?   I tried to contact them through their website but have not heard anything back in several days.  Their website does not seem to be set up for taking orders either.

360fish

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on August 01, 2023, 07:06:46 AM
How did you order the OCP intake?   I tried to contact them through their website but have not heard anything back in several days.  Their website does not seem to be set up for taking orders either.
I was able to contact Joe a couple seeks ago and order the intake from him via his Facebook page.   Leave a note via facebook messenger...
https://www.facebook.com/ocperformanceparts/
1973 'Cuda   Semi-Pro Touring
360 SB - 518/OD auto tranny - FAST EZ EFI - Edelbrock Fuel sump - HHR fan
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to '72 offset