Main Menu

1970 Challenger 5.7 HEMI build

Started by Moprr, October 17, 2017, 07:40:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Moprr

Hi all I will give a description of what I have and where I'm at pictures will be choppy as I lost a lot when my phone broke.  I bought the car about 8 years ago and then it say for a while, now I've been working on t for about 5 years (hard to find time with two kids).  I replace the two quarters, taillight panel, trunk floor, one drop off and repaired the other, Dutchman panel, rust repair above windshield and a few other patches.  The door gaps were horrible so I welded the gaps up.    I spot blasted areas as I did repairs then later blasted the whole car to make sure all was ok.      I also welded in new torque  boxes home made frame connectors and us car tool fender braces and lower rad support which I reinforced.  I am going to run a 5.7 HEMI and a tko 600(not modified for an ebody, got a deal I could not pass) so I had to cut and support the transmission cross member while I was at it I opened up the tunnel to allow clearance for a tr6060 if I don't like the tko.  Here are some pics I will try to dig more up. I will try to keep pics in order now as I go forward

Chryco Psycho

Awesome , you have done a lot more work to the car than the last pic looks like is done to the car !!
Thanks for the pix  :bigthumb:

Moprr

A few more pics I raptor lined the bottom and fender wells also

Chryco Psycho

Moprr

I finished reinforcing my lower control arms and kframe,  had to notch out abit by the steering box mount to clear the ac compressor .  Just got them back from powder coat. 

Roadman

@Moprr  looking great.   :banana:   I really like your paint scheme, especially the hood .    :rebelflag"

Brads70

Nice job, lots of hours into that one!  :bradsthumb:

nsmall

Sounds like it's been a long journey.  I hope you are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel now that it has been painted?  Keep the pics coming.