Main Menu

TTI Headers for my 3rd gen swap

Started by Swamp Donkey, August 16, 2020, 01:25:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

I'm going to ordering a set of headers soon.  Who else is a supplier of headers for our e-bodies and the 3rd gen motors.  I tried a quick google search, but was intstantly infuriated by most websites.  I will make some calls during business hours if necessary.  TTI seems to have a good website and the right product.  But if there are other ideas I might investigate into them.

Want to make sure I get the right ones that will work with whatever steering system I go with.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Chryco Psycho

Dougs might have them for the 3rd gen but I have never used anything but TTI

JpRngr

Make sure you order the ones for what ever side your starter is on. I got a "good" deal on a set of TTI's for my Challenger only to find they were for a driver's side starter. Had to find a different bell housing for my NAG1 off a Grand Cherokee. But, I think at the time, that's all they made(could still be that way, IDK).

Chryco Psycho

Mopar belhousings such as 500/518 / 727 or 833 all use driver side starter

1973Barracuda

Make sure you order the set that will work for your steering gearbox. It bit me when I thought I would do a Borgeson box after I bought the headers.

CudaA39

I ordered mine from Modern Muscle Extreme when they had a sale last year around the holidays for free shipping.  They didn't list the ones I needed on their site, but when I called them they reached out to TTI directly and made it happen.  On a separate occasion, I ordered my Stefs pan through them as well.  Great company to deal with thus far.
Check out my 71 Gen3 build:

https://youtu.be/XSDAWczXoZw

2015 Tri-State Stock/Superstock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Weekend Sunday Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar Weekend Friday No Box Winner and 11.50 R/U

GoodysGotaCuda

TTI makes a set of headers to use with a borgeson box and one set with the stock box. Pick the right one!
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Cuda70-74

I got tti header thats suppose to work with the stock gear box and it didn't. They said i have loose the engine motor mount and see if it can fit that way
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Caparco

TTI are great headers no question there.
But it goes much further, it's how they fit aside from how nice they are made. I used DynoMax at first, let me tell you low! 2 inches from the ground! I scrapped on everything, let alone the dreadful speed humps. TTI fit way up and real nice. Course cause of that make sure you put a good heat shield on your starter. All sorts of starting trouble with it! Never mind without it. Mine are rusted out now (fit and perform great) but look horrible. Even the slightest condensation droplets over time rust them up.They wouldn't re-plate them
For me. Now im thinking about wrapping them, to solve the look and heat issue with
It's Amazing what we can accomplish~

With just a little bit of hard work.

And a whole LOT of complaining!!... lol

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda70-74

Quote from: Caparco on October 27, 2020, 11:44:51 PM
TTI are great headers no question there.
But it goes much further, it's how they fit aside from how nice they are made. I used DynoMax at first, let me tell you low! 2 inches from the ground! I scrapped on everything, let alone the dreadful speed humps. TTI fit way up and real nice. Course cause of that make sure you put a good heat shield on your starter. All sorts of starting trouble with it! Never mind without it. Mine are rusted out now (fit and perform great) but look horrible. Even the slightest condensation droplets over time rust them up.They wouldn't re-plate them
For me. Now im thinking about wrapping them, to solve the look and heat issue with
Thanks I got them to fit i had to unbolt the driver side motor mount and jack the engine up.I painted them white
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger