Main Menu

Upgraded '71 RT

Started by 1973Cuda, October 22, 2020, 12:45:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1973Cuda

'71 RT picks up 9 more cubic inches, A/C, and a new digital dash based on the classic Rallye dash...and the clock works!!  I have a great mechanic!! I did give him lots of moral support!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Filthy Filbert

oh snap!   That dash looks great!    I heard "Dakota digital" and pictured a giant screen with various gauges displayed on it.   

Does the dash cluster run from a computer signal from the engine computer, or is it using separate sending units?  I may look into this option instead of running stand-alone autometer gauges

anlauto

@Filthy Filbert the above pictures are of the "old" Dakota Digital dash....you want the new RTX version...YES it plugs right into the diagnostic port of you new wire harness to retrieve all the engine's information... for some reason on mine I still had to add the oil pressure sender :dunno:

You can light it up in about ten different colours, you can add outside temp and compass too if you want...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Filthy Filbert

nice.  Does it work with an aftermarket engine controller like the Holley Terminator X or X Max?   I'm probably going to go that route over trying to use a factory harness/computer

anlauto

I don't know about that, but the kit comes with all the senders and pretty easy wiring for each one.