Main Menu

A Cuda driver from France (1970 slant 6 made in Europe)

Started by Vettefab, May 16, 2018, 11:52:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

halftrackman

superdave

:ohyeah: That's cool Fabien, keep that six on the road!!  8) And  :welcome: from Kansas, U.S.A.   :cheers:

Topcat

Wow Cool car!

I never knew they actually assembled cars over there from parts sent.

70/6chall

Welcome to forum Fabien from SoCal, I really like that Slant6 E-body of yours. Keeping it a 6 to me is admirable. I too have a Slant 6 E-body in the form of a 70 Challenger. I have done the SuperSix change over on the 225 also w/ headers and dual exhaust. I like the way it runs even with the mini motor in it. Pics look great of your Barracuda.     Thanks,   Al

ec_co

:welcome:

love the info!! not many of us e-body slanters left and it's always great to see another, but this one is whole 'nother level of cool with the 170ci in it!! I would imagine they are about as rare as a '70 Hemi.

I'll be doing a similar build on mine too, but going with EFI since it's become so cheap now. maybe do a supercharger down the road http://www.torqstorm.com/supercharger_kit_slant_6.html
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

73_Cuda_4_Me

A big warm welcome from West Michigan! Thanks for sharing the pictures, and any questions you have will be properly addressed here by all the wonderful members so willing to help out any way they can!

73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Topcat

Quote from: ec_co on July 20, 2018, 08:05:26 PM

this one is whole 'nother level of cool with the 170ci in it!! I would imagine they are about as rare as a '70 Hemi.

I don't ever recall seeing a 170  /6 E body. Just the 225's.
Been into Mopars since the mid 70's.

They gotta be pretty rare.

ec_co

Quote from: Topcat on July 21, 2018, 06:33:01 PM
Quote from: ec_co on July 20, 2018, 08:05:26 PM

this one is whole 'nother level of cool with the 170ci in it!! I would imagine they are about as rare as a '70 Hemi.

I don't ever recall seeing a 170  /6 E body. Just the 225's.
Been into Mopars since the mid 70's.

They gotta be pretty rare.

everything I've ever seen showed a 198ci or the 225ci (around 5500 total produced between the 2), never a 170ci until this thread and the brochure can't get more clear for authenticity. pretty cool. never say never with mopar
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Vettefab

Even here in center Europe they are really rare, unfortunately it seems that I miss the original factory plate, But I still have a duplicate of the Certificate of Conformity delivered by Chrysler Benelux in Nivelles (Belgium) which is dated from december 1973 and mentioning the VIN of my car with the "A" engine code.

It's said that around 170 E-Bodies Barracuda's were built in the Nekaf factory in 1970 and were available for sale in Europe. As the 170ci seems to have been sold only in Belgium so they must be a very few of them (less than 20 I guess !)

I'll post a copy of my COC soon
Barracuda 1970 Made in Rotterdam 170ci 3speed Manual

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

cavemanno1

Welcome Fabien!

Nice to see you here as well!!!

Fabien and I met up a couple months ago when my wife and I did a 1000 miles road trip with our '70 Cuda from England to Hungary!
Met Fabien and his cool girlfriend who is into classic American cars as well!

Two '70 Plymouth Barracudas next to each other in Europe is as rare as hen's teeth!

Vettefab

Hi Peter ! Nice to see you here too !

An other 70 Barracuda is now in town since last month ! (a Cuda 340 now powered by a 440) I met the guy last week, we need to take pictures of both of them !
Barracuda 1970 Made in Rotterdam 170ci 3speed Manual

benlavigne

Bonjour Fabien, de Montréal....
J'avais manqué le premier post, vraiment intéressante ta voiture!

Salutations,
Benoit