Main Menu

Another former member of another forum, 1971 Challenger project

Started by Flatdad, September 26, 2017, 07:29:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Flatdad

Hi I'm Dan and I used to be a CC member, think you guys can take me in? Can I bribe you with rusty project car pics?

My mopar history: My first Mopar (and first car) was an engine-less '70 road runner in 2008, followed shortly by a '97 Dodge pickup in 2009. Between college and other junk, I got the runner up and running with a 440 in 2013. In 2014 I picked up a '67 Belvedere but only owned it about 3 hours until my brother got it. Shortly thereafter, I purchased a '73 Rallye and got hooked on E-bodies. The RR got parked to piece together a Hemi, and the '73 got the snot driven out of it. In early 2016 I bought an old motorcycle and sold the Challenger.

I've regretted selling that car ever since it left the driveway.

By mid 2016 I HAD to have a Challenger again. One morning at work, spotted a 71 R/T on ebay. Later that same day, I was inspecting the car in person. It was pretty rotten (still is), but complete. After taking it for a short test drive around the gravel storage lot, I struck a deal in cash and brought the title home with me that night.

Now in 2017, the RR is Hemified and back on the road, bought another truck ('86 W100) purely because it had a four speed, and the 71 is in the garage, getting tackled in small sections. It would have made a great parts car for someone, but I'm stubborn.

Really like this site and look forward to posting.

Cuda Cody

Welcome @Flatdad   :welcome:  Thanks for introducing yourself and sharing some photos.   :banana:  Glad to have you join us.   :grouphug:

Jay Bee

:wave: Welcome aboard from Ontario  :canada: You made a smart move coming over.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

:welcome: I to made the switch, I think you will like it better!!!  :twothumbsup:

Rev-It-Up

Welcome to the forum @Flatdad

Quotethink you guys can take me in?
:yes:

QuoteCan I bribe you with rusty project car pics?
:yes:

Glad you found your way over!
Rev-It-Up

Spikedog08

Quote from: anlauto on September 26, 2017, 08:07:53 AM
Welcome...Have you met FlatCody ?  :rofl:

I was definitely headed toward that question!   Welcome flatdad!  Glad you signed up and yes we will take you in! 

:twothumbsup:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

CudaMoparRay

70/6chall

A great big MOPAR Welcome to you "Flatdad" from SoCal and thank you for sharing the pics. A lot of the beautiful cars you will see on this forum started where you are. The Tech help and comraderie is all top drawer.     Thanks,   Al

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada. I think any 71 R/T is worth saving.
Sheldon

LinceCuda

jimynick

Welcome to the site from another CC.com refugee and congrats on the cars! I've always had a "thing" for hemis!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho