Main Menu

Hello from Akron, Ohio

Started by 76orangewagon, March 14, 2017, 11:53:46 AM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

Quote from: HEMICUDA on March 16, 2017, 10:14:35 PM
Great car Ross, that makes x3 real 71 Cuda 340 shaker cars in the Akron/Cleveland area that I know about and x2 of them are orange.  If you need help, I would be happy to assist you any way I can, I just might know a thing or to about putting one together.

Thank you Mike, There was a X9 71 340 Cuda, 4 speed shaker in the area a few years ago but I heard it was sold.

anlauto

It's odd how they put J54 sport hood and N96 shaker hood on the same tag... Is that common @6bblgt ?

All the shaker Cudas I've restored only had N96 on the tag... :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

:wowzers:  WOW  @HEMICUDA   That is a SUPER nice Cuda!   :takealook:  Would love to see some more photos!   :please:

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on March 17, 2017, 08:18:38 AM
It's odd how they put J54 sport hood and N96 shaker hood on the same tag... Is that common @6bblgt ?

All the shaker Cudas I've restored only had N96 on the tag... :looney:

Yes, cars exist that are stamped both J54 & N96.  I think it had something to do with the shift & assembly line that stamped the tag.

one of the N94 Challengers is also stamped N96  :unbelievable:

Cuda Cody

Could the N96 have been thought of as "Fresh Air" and maybe whoever was setting up the stamp thought that the N94 and or J54 was a Fresh Air hood so they put the code on there?  Just a guess.  :notsure:

76orangewagon

I have discussed the dual coded fender tag with Dave Wise from MMC Detroit....he's looking into it a little deeper for me.

anlauto

I'm guessing the broadcast sheet only has the N96 code ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 17, 2017, 08:52:52 AM
:wowzers:  WOW  @HEMICUDA   That is a SUPER nice Cuda!   :takealook:  Would love to see some more photos!   :please:

Here you go master Cody.  The one picture in on a Monday, the other is Thursday, after Friday, the complete interior was assembled before a B/E & A party that Saturday.  Complete body, driveline, brake/fuel lines, interior, and running the following Monday.  Total assembly completed with front/rear windows installed the next Friday, total assembly time of 10 days.  I slicked the bottom on this car and power coated a bunch of the suspension parts so I can drive it.  I have enough cars done OE with bare metal parts.  Total assembly time of approx. 100 hours.

Cuda Cody

You have one BEAUTIFUL Cuda man.    :inlove:  Love that color.  And can not believe how fast you put it together.  You and Alan make me look lazy.    :))
Quote from: HEMICUDA on March 17, 2017, 07:45:33 PM

Here you go master Cody.  The one picture in on a Monday, the other is Thursday, after Friday, the complete interior was assembled before a B/E & A party that Saturday.  Complete body, driveline, brake/fuel lines, interior, and running the following Monday.  Total assembly completed with front/rear windows installed the next Friday, total assembly time of 10 days.  I slicked the bottom on this car and power coated a bunch of the suspension parts so I can drive it.  I have enough cars done OE with bare metal parts.  Total assembly time of approx. 100 hours.

HEMICUDA

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 17, 2017, 08:21:39 PM
You have one BEAUTIFUL Cuda man.    :inlove:  Love that color.  And can not believe how fast you put it together.  You and Alan make me look lazy.    :))
Quote from: HEMICUDA on March 17, 2017, 07:45:33 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself Cody, I have all day long to work on my stuff.  Besides, there's 100's of hours and $$$ getting all the large assemblies done before assembly.  Final assembly is the easy and fun part.

HEMICUDA

Here's another 2 weeker.  Not bragging, just have an order of restoration that works very well to restore a car in 6 - 8 months.  Having the facility, time and knowledge and knowing people like yourself for assistance makes things much easier.

Cuda Cody

Is that a real deal FM3 T/A?  Doesn't really matter I guess, it's awesome either way!   :banana:  Nice job!   :bravo: 

Quote from: HEMICUDA on March 17, 2017, 08:59:59 PM
Here's another 2 weeker.  Not bragging, just have an order of restoration that works very well to restore a car in 6 - 8 months.  Having the facility, time and knowledge and knowing people like yourself for assistance makes things much easier.

6bblgt

yea, it's a factory FM3 T/A .....
Mike needs his own thread, :foul: quite musclin' in on @76orangewagon

6bblgt

(unless this is one Mike is talking about?)
there was another EV2 N96 340'cuda up in Willoughby Hills/Mentor, OH - it headed south to Texas a few years ago

HEMICUDA

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 17, 2017, 11:56:25 PM
(unless this is one Mike is talking about?)
there was another EV2 N96 340'cuda up in Willoughby Hills/Mentor, OH - it headed south to Texas a few years ago

Woops, you're correct Danny, the one our buddy Wally just finished had the shaker added.