Main Menu

Hello from Alaska

Started by kmiller, November 15, 2019, 02:38:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kmiller

Like the subject line says- hello from Alaska

I've been living in Alaska for a while now, a transplant here from Colorado  And have no plans of living anywhere else. Not only are the views unbelievable but the car scene is crazy here. Nothing to do but work/restore cars all winter and we have long winters ! Down side , shipping parts !

i've bought and sold numerous Challengers spanning all the years - 1970-74 even a nice 72 SE Charger.

the one that i keep was my 71 340 Convertible   

I decided to get back into the hobby and purchased my first Barracuda. Its a 1970 GC car 383/4 speed. car was in pieces when i got it . previous owner stated the resto but never completed and proceeded to misplace just about everything for it. I did get a lot of parts but all the GC only items are gone. So i have been on the hunt to replace them. I want to restore the car as a GC and not another clone cuda.

pictures of current rides and the Barracuda

first photo current rides

barracuda day 1 in April to last pic with sheet metal on Sept 30- been a busy summer

car really wasnt that rusted except for quarters but more i tore it down ,the more i decided to replace all the metal since it was available . not going for OEM just a real nice driver . I drive my cars , they don't sit.

remember what the down side is ?ordering parts-  shipping to Alaska - dont ask how much i paid for shipping for a full roof, fenders, and quarters. Its ugly and its part of the life of living here

I'm hoping to gain knowledge on the GC from this board and looking forward to all the experts here
thanks KM

jimynick

Let me be the first to welcome you to the site and good luck with your restoration!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cuda hunter

Ohh yeah!   a B5 BP .  That's gonna be a sweet ride.  Lots of GC info on the site.

Howdy and Welcome! 

What part of colorado were ya from?  Just curious. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

headejm

:welcome: from Central Illinois! Please keep us posted and share lots of photos!  :cheers:

Brads70

:welcome:  some great project you have! Enjoy the site!

kmiller

lived in the big city- Denver!  Go broncos - well not this year

Jay Bee

:wave:  Welcome aboard.  Awesome trio of cars you got there.

blown motor

Welcome from Canada. Hard to believe there's an active community in Alaska. Tell us more about it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cudajason

Welcome from the sunny south....not often we can say that to an American....its also not true...its cold, dreary and white here!

Welcome anyway!

:canada: :canada:

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome aboard from Atlanta!
Joe

cuda hunter

Quote from: blown motor on November 15, 2019, 04:03:44 PM
Welcome from Canada. Hard to believe there's an active community in Alaska. Tell us more about it.

:iagree:  I don't see much at all from Alaska on any of the mopar sites. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

7E-Bodies

Glad to have you here! Welcome to the best site on the net with some super people.  :welcome:

Kevin
Illinois
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on November 15, 2019, 04:31:04 PM
Quote from: blown motor on November 15, 2019, 04:03:44 PM

:iagree:  I don't see much at all from Alaska on any of the mopar sites.

I see probably a half dozen guys from Alaska posting....  And at times there have been more..

Cudakiller70

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave: