Main Menu

Hello from New Jersey

Started by cagannyc, July 18, 2017, 05:11:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cagannyc

Quote from: 70/6chall on July 18, 2017, 05:58:53 PM
A big MOPAR welcome to you from SoCal, great group of dedicated Mopar folks here, especially the E-body type. What part of N.J. Are you from, my Mothers people all from Jersey, in the south part of the state Cape May Co. Tuckahoe, N.J. 12 miles west of Ocean City. Have been there many times. Again big hearty welcome.    Thanks,   Al

Thank you! I will ty to stay central NJ or North... But still appreciate the lead!

Voodoo Child

Welcome Cagan :welcome:, nice Cuda  :twothumbsup: I have Southern Motors on my favorites list, they do get some fine Mopars there! I did an auto to Tremec TKO 600 5spd. conversion last year on my Challenger. I bought the kit from Silver Sport Transmissions out of Tenn. after talking to them at Carlisle. They seem to have the most comprehensive kit on the market. I like the Hurst kit also, but you don't get the 4spd hump or driveshaft. The Hurst kit IMO has a better shifting block and tranny mount over the SST kit so its a toss up. I did the install myself ""BUT"" I have a large garage with a two post lift, welder, trans jack and all the associated tools for a job like this and it still tried my patience at times! :pullinghair: If your the average hobbyist with a standard suburban two bay house garage this job would be utter hell! Not saying it couldn't be done on floor jacks, but like I said utter hell! Again Welcome and you'll find a wealth of knowledge on this site.         

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site!  Great looking car!   Curious, were the small block engines orange in 72?  I know 73 and 74 were blue?   

:dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

usraptor

340challconvert

Welcome to the site from another New Jerseyite!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Roadman

:welcome: