Main Menu

Hello,owner of a 1970 Challenger

Started by Mopar Lady, September 05, 2020, 03:38:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopar Lady

Hello,I am Erin and have a 1970 Challenger I am close to be done with building.Has a 5.7 hemi from a 2014 Charger in it using a donor car that was wrecked badly.Was supposed to get it done last year,ex boyfriend and I went out to the bar drinking one night and he decided to drive drunk.I tried talking him into calling my mom to pick us up and said no to me.Wrecked injuring me with him killing a loving dad of 2.Good thing is he in prison serving a 25 year sentence for the death of the dad of 2 and injuring me.Fully recovered,took me 6 months to heal up.A diehard Mopar fanatic,got it from dad and learned I came home from the hospital in a Mopar after I was born.A Marine veteran as well which changed my life around doing 8 years.

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Mopar Lady

I have some money into the engine too,parts from Arrington Performance including the transmission from them

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Welcome Erin....

25 years ? I like your jail system....we had a young guy here in Ontario Canada  driving with 3X the legal limit...killed three kids and their Grandfather....he was sentenced to 10 years and I think now he's out on day parole now.....Google Marco Muzzo  :verymad:

Show some pictures of your Challengers...we love pictures
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Welcome to the site , post up some pictures of your Car when you can!  :wave:

cudamadd

Welcome Erin 2 The forum .Hope you are better now ,Drink driving never ends well ,in my eyes when some one  is killed because of a drunk driver they she throw away the key .enjoy the forum  :australia:

challengermaniac

Welcome Erin and thank you for being so open in sharing your story with us.  I'm sure it is helpful to you and most certainly a reminder to all of us to keep our guard up in standing against intoxicated driving which still kills today.

Definitely love what you have accomplished with your 70 Challenger as I am seriously considering going the same route!

Welcome to a great support group for Mopars and Life! 
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

RT999

dodgemania

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

Mopar Lady

Ex has a couple DUI convictions,judge considered it in the sentencing.I had a rough life in my teens,hung around the wrong people.Age 18,decided something had to change after witnessing someone getting beat up badly.Two friends of mine and I knew we were heading in the wrong direction in life and decided to enlist in the military,was a great life changing decision learning respect and discipline.

Skid Row

:welcome: Semper Fi Marine! Surviving that is enough, Here is a wealth of knowledge and friends here. Let's see some pics.

Dakota

:wave: Welcome from Buffalo, NY. 

A drunk driver nearly killed my brother a couple of years ago.  The driver got jail time too - an appropriate outcome given his history.