Main Menu

Hi, "new" member from Houston TX

Started by 70vert, September 11, 2019, 08:26:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70vert

I actually joined a while back but just now getting to post and introduce myself.

I've got a 70 Challenger convertible, which I bought in 1987 in Tulsa OK. It was a piece of crap, out in a backyard with no engine or transmission and top rotted. Which of course meant lots of rust. It's taken me this long to get it decent and drivable. It is a 383 car without many options. Since it's not a numbers matching car I've done some resto-mod upgrades, like a 440, 4-wheel discs, Cragars, and the paint is the 2010 Deep Water Blue Pearl.

I had a yellow 70 R/T before this and several GTX's that I raced. Down to just this now, and a Grand Cherokee. See you around (:

Dakota

Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.  I lived around Houston for much of the 18 years I lived in Texas.  Miss the people - don't miss the heat much. 

Nice looking ride.  I'd appreciate any details on your wheels and tires you can provide.  I like the look on your car. I've spent more time thinking about wheels and tires than anything else on my car. 

CudaMoparRay

Jay Bee

From one vert owner to another   :welcome:   Nice car you got there.

JS29

:welcome: from central New York! That is A nice looking ride.  :perfect10:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Spikedog08

WOW great looking convertible!  Welcome from Michigan!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

340challconvert

70Vert
:welcome: to the site from New Jersey
You have a stunning and beautiful Challenger convertible.
Nice work on bringing it back.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

70vert

Thanks!

The wheels are 17x8 Cragars, all around. it currently has Khumo's on it, which I like but need new ones and they don't make these anymore. So looking around for something new. I will say that there are limited tire options for 17in rims, would really like the Firestone Indy 500 but they've got nothing close to the right size.

The backs are 255 and I'd like to go bigger (always) but there is not much room. I think the fronts are 235, just about right.

truckinman466

Welcome to the group. I'm in Cypress , not far from you. I'm in the middle of a Challenger project myself.

Welcome from around Conroe .
That's a nice ride , more photos are always welcomed.!

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome aboard from Atlanta! Nice Challenger! :bigthumb:
Joe

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and congrats on your restoration, it looks great!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

nsmall

Way to not give up.    Welcome to a great space.   :bradsthumb:

PatO