Main Menu

I'm back on a forum!

Started by Filthy Filbert, August 09, 2021, 07:22:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Yup, you were building the Dakota about the time I left Moparts.... Been a few years... Lotta good people over there... To bad about the owner...

cudamadd

Welcome to the forum.Got my last cuda out of Parma Ohio a few years back . You have a Awsome truck  tough as nails  beautiful. Cheese  :australia:

cudamadd

6bblgt

:welcome:
there is a consecutive run of at least 14 St. Louis Blues Gran Coupes (probably a bunch more - there are 25 St. Louis Blues '71 Satellites)

BP23L0B132719 thru BP23L0B132732  @Filthy Filbert  can you share your VIN?

there is also a run of red & black F&R rubber bumper 318 Gran Coupes built for a similar (but unknown to me) promotion

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 6bblgt on August 09, 2021, 07:24:59 PM
there is a consecutive run of at least 14 St. Louis Blues Gran Coupes (probably a bunch more - there are 25 St. Louis Blues '71 Satellites)

there is also a run of red & black F&R rubber bumper 318 Gran Coupes built for a similar (but unknown to me) promotion

His falls right in the group, thats how it was discovered... He had no idea & no fender tag/documentation... But it was originally B5 with a white painted roof and the VIN fell into the right spot....

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 09, 2021, 05:39:01 PM
Yup, you were building the Dakota about the time I left Moparts.... Been a few years... Lotta good people over there... To bad about the owner...

Yea, I fell into the trap of 'I can do this to the dakota for only $600... the Cuda needs thousands of dollars'

My wife like to point out that if I had never spent a dime on a dakota, then the Cuda would be done  :)) :))

I hear ya on Moparts.... I was a moderator at one point.    Lots of good guys.  Notably from your neck of the woods, Stu.     He hosted a party for my wife and I when we vacationed in CA after I returned from Asscrackistan.   Few years later we met up with his daughter when she was working at Disney.  Kevin "feet's" told me about Stu's diagnosis.... I thought 'I need to reach out to him' but couldn't figure out how to say "hey dude, heard you're gonna die. I love you and I'm gonna miss you" and he was gone before I could figure it out.    Kinda wish I had just been that blunt, simply to have had one more conversation with him.

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: 6bblgt on August 09, 2021, 07:24:59 PM

I will share the whole story on how I discovered what I have.  But... you just listed my VIN in your post. 

Cliffs notes for now: I bought a red gran coupe. Based on the flaking paint, it seemed to be an orange car originally.   I thought the white I saw on the package tray was primer, and that the blue pieces on the dash were replacements due to dash/electrical fire.  Barry out in Alaska told me to look for blue n white based on my VIN.    As I tore the car apart further, I found evidence of blue n white under the orange.

Filthy Filbert

Ugh.... Why did that picture post upside down? 

Sorry about that.   I'm rusty on forum posting  :haha:

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on August 09, 2021, 07:55:52 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 09, 2021, 05:39:01 PM

Yea, I fell into the trap of 'I can do this to the dakota for only $600... the Cuda needs thousands of dollars'

My wife like to point out that if I had never spent a dime on a dakota, then the Cuda would be done  :)) :))

I hear ya on Moparts.... I was a moderator at one point.    Lots of good guys.  Notably from your neck of the woods, Stu.     He hosted a party for my wife and I when we vacationed in CA after I returned from Asscrackistan.   Few years later we met up with his daughter when she was working at Disney.  Kevin "feet's" told me about Stu's diagnosis.... I thought 'I need to reach out to him' but couldn't figure out how to say "hey dude, heard you're gonna die. I love you and I'm gonna miss you" and he was gone before I could figure it out.    Kinda wish I had just been that blunt, simply to have had one more conversation with him.

Stu is missed for sure.. And I'm sure he would have understood & appreciated hearing the blunt truth...