Main Menu

Membre from belgium - challenger rt

Started by Eblood, October 22, 2018, 07:22:57 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the Site @Eblood  :bigthumb:
If Husk knows the car you are in a lot better position to find out about the car
Tags were only screwed onto the car , & can be reproduced , a true 440 4spd Purple car is a nice find !

Husk Challenger

I am sure cowl and radiator tags match!

My friend will provide them to you Eblood, just ask.

;)
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

1 Wild R/T

If the cowl & radiator numbers match & I see no flags to make me think they wouldn't then you can feel comfortable it's a real car.....   We Mopar guys do like to see matching engine & trans numbers but it's not as important as a Chevy cause the VIN is just a number & doesn't tell you what the car is.... with allot of the Chevys you can't be sure the car is a real SS or a real 454SS or what ever other model without the numbers engine..... And even with a numbers engine there are so many restamped engines out there without original paperwork (Which also gets faked) it's impossible to say whether your SS is really an SS or a 307 2bbl....

With a Mopar if the second digit of the VIN is S then you know it stated life as a performance model... And the fifth digit tells you what engine it came with.....   So what makes Mopar guys think it's hard to fake? Well the VIN is recorded in many documents going back to day one, title, registrations, insurance paperwork, loan documents.... So if somewhere along the line the numbers change it raises flags....

So yes matching numbers is nice & it does effect the value... But it's not nearly as critical as matching numbers on a 70 Chevelle SS454

A fair value for this car? Hard to say.... It's already in Europe so clearly thats worth something.... It's a real U code 4spd car in a desirable color..... In my & many others opinion it's the most desirable year.... He's asking 57K US which depending on what a inspection shows doesn't seem out of line....

Eblood

Thank you guys , you helped me a lot ! i m going to see the car on friday, it will be a goooooood day as I like them !
Very interesting the explanation about differences btw chevy perf car and mopar , it makes sense.
If i understand well, the code U or V or R has followed the car on the title during all the car life and it makes a real safe pedigree ?

Fastmark

Quote from: Eblood on October 23, 2018, 01:22:26 AM
Thank you guys , you helped me a lot ! i m going to see the car on friday, it will be a goooooood day as I like them !
Very interesting the explanation about differences btw chevy perf car and mopar , it makes sense.
If i understand well, the code U or V or R has followed the car on the title during all the car life and it makes a real safe pedigree ?

You are correct. The numbers in the title and VIN tag tells us the engine and various other things that point to the way it left the factory. Those can't be changed. Before the Chevy guys come up with " matching numbers" to prove how it left the factory, it was not even an issue with Mopar guys. Unfortunately for you Chevy guys, people have come up with stamps to fool the experts. You just find the right blocks and stamp the numbers and suddenly you have a 427 Corvette instead of a 327. I've seen pictures of blocks that had the castings ground off and epoxy formed to fake the correct cast numbers. Just make sure the body numbers correctly match the VIN number and you are good.

Eblood

Indeed i feel more confident with your advices.. IS there any équivalent of Marti report for mopars ? Or a way to track back the car History ? Which dealer e.g.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Eblood on October 23, 2018, 05:07:32 AM
Indeed i feel more confident with your advices.. IS there any équivalent of Marti report for mopars ? Or a way to track back the car History ? Which dealer e.g.

The broadcast sheet (build sheet) is the best thing to have to tell everything the car had when it left the factory line, the fender tag is the next best thing.  With all the privacy laws now, it is difficult to trace the owners history of the car.  The only thing to do is try to contact previous owners and search the web for history by vin.

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site . . . Hope it works out for you!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

js27

Welcome to the site--and Welcome to the world of MOPARS !!
JS27

Eblood

Just to tell you I found my car..

https://forum.e-bodies.org/cars-for-sale-or-wanted/8/challenger-1970-rt-u-code-4-speed-for-sale-in-europe/8851/

the 300 miles way back to home is planned for saturday ! I'll probably ask a lot of questions in coming days !

Eblood

Yesterday was the first Wash.. always a very important moment.

dodgemania

congrats with your challenger. both looks awesome.

Husk Challenger

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome to the site! Great looking Challenger and 'Vette  :bigthumb: 
Joe

Vettefab

Salut Mathieu, bienvenue ici aussi !

Tu es d'où en Belgique ? Je suis de Dunkerque, si tu as besoin de pièces, d'outils ou d'un coup de main ? à tantôt !
Barracuda 1970 Made in Rotterdam 170ci 3speed Manual