Main Menu

New member from CT

Started by The1TrueOutlaw, June 07, 2018, 09:56:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

The1TrueOutlaw

I recently joined CC.com and found E-bodies through there. As for me, when I was growing up my neighbor had an orange Cuda (still has it) and ever since I saw it the first time it has been my dream car. About a year ago I finally decided I'm going to build one and pulled the trigger on a 70 Barracuda shell. Then 6 months later I moved and now need to build another garage :Thud: so its currently paused but I still have plenty of planning to do on the Cuda while I'm building it.

It seems the more forum posts I read the more changes I make to my plans but I'm grateful for the info because I'm sure its saved me a lot of money and frustration! So here is my current plan:

Drivetrain: 6.4L Hemi with a TR6060 or T56 Magnum and Dana 60 with mechanical LSD
Front Suspension: Upgrade stock style suspension with Hotchkis or QA1 kit and I will be installing various chassis reinforcment
Rear Suspension: Swap to multi link set up (Still have yet to decide on where to source it)
Interior: Adapt modern Challenger interior seats, radio, dash cluster, etc. Most likely going to involve a lot of fiberglass work
Brakes: Wilwood disc conversion
Paint: Mango Tango (2010 Ram Color)
Body: The exterior will largely be unchanged though I am planning on building custom brake lights

Thank you everyone for contributing on this forum, its helped my out so much already!!!

Cuda Cody

Welcome @The1TrueOutlaw   :welcome:  Thanks for joining us and sharing some photos.   :banana:  Neat project you have there.   :bradsthumb:

bluespruce

Welcome from Colorado, nice project yo have

dodgemania

:welcome: to the site nice project  :cheers:

Cudakiller70

:welcome: from Krazyfornia  :bigthumb: Good to have a plan otherwise it really gets outta control.
Man tango! Nice! Had to look it up and it differs on pictures. Good luck it's fun.

JS29

:welcome: From central NY, that sounds like A good plan.   :wrenching:

303 Mopar

Welcome from CO!  Good start on a project!  Glad you found us!   :banana:

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY! :wave:.   There will be lots of interest in (and help for) your build as you progress.   Great plan.

Jay Bee

:wave:  Welcome aboard from Ontario  :canada: 

Chryco Psycho

Welcome from Panama  :panama: :wave:
I would pass on the multilink rear susp , you can do a lot better .
I would also rethink the Wilwood disc , most of the time the braking becomes Worse with Wilwood
DO your research 1st  :bigthumb:

anlauto

Welcome from Georgetown ON Canada :canada:  Good plan :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7212Mopar

:welcome: I think that color is call Toxic Orange for the newer Challenger, may be 2010-2011. Looks like a lot of work needed. Are you planning to start the body work first?
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

70/6chall

Big MOPAR Welcome to you "TrueOutlaw" from SoCal to our forum. Great start for your Barracuda project, beautiful color selection, should be a real show standout. Remember the only dumb question is the one that's not asked.    Thanks,   Al

The1TrueOutlaw

Thanks for the warm welcome! Looks like there's a lot of active members here.
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 07, 2018, 12:29:09 PM
Welcome from Panama  :panama: :wave:
I would pass on the multilink rear susp , you can do a lot better .
I would also rethink the Wilwood disc , most of the time the braking becomes Worse with Wilwood
DO your research 1st  :bigthumb:
Thanks for the heads up Chryco, I will definitely be looking into that, like I said the plan is ever changing haha.
Quote from: 7212Mopar on June 07, 2018, 12:44:53 PM
:welcome: I think that color is call Toxic Orange for the newer Challenger, may be 2010-2011. Looks like a lot of work needed. Are you planning to start the body work first?
I believe your right, both color have the code pvg. There is definitely a lot of work and a long road ahead of me but I'm excited for it. Yeah, the first thing I'm starting with is the body work, I purchased the majority of the sheet metal I need with the car. Just need the space to get started in!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

xx88man

:welcome:  from Chilliwack B.C.  Cool project you have there. You will find lots of knowledgeable and helpful folks here.
Keep yer foot in it