Main Menu

New Member from Idaho. Could use some coaching.

Started by kawahonda, June 07, 2018, 12:54:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda Cody

If you can buy this car near $20k and it's all original / numbers and running and driving I think that would be a good deal.  What do you guys think? 

Fun car to drive and don't have to restore it or worry about a road rock ding or scratch.  Plus later in life you might want to restore it and it looks to be super solid.  Not many of those type of cars left.   :alan2cents:

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan!  Good luck in your search!   :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

@70mopes  buddy, I'm starting to think I have to have that challenger.   I wouldn't wash it or even clean it up.  Just make it safe to drive and pull in to a show like that.  Bet you win with it as is.  :1place:  People love bard finds.

kawahonda

That looks like a superb barn find! Would love to see what it looks like once he takes a pressure wash to it, gets it running, and see how it fares. Looks like a nice find. I'm certainly interested. My Father lives in Wenatchee, so he's not too far away.

Definitely link your friend up to this thread. Certainly interested if the car is driver-ready!

That 340 looks like it hasn't ever been touched. Can see it still has the exhaust manifolds on it...

Would love to see more pictures. Is that a "coupe" model?

I'd be interested if it's a runner/driver for ~$20k and if it's solid that doesn't need sheet metal cutting! Count me in as a very interested!

CudaCody--give me a fighting chance to snab it. This poor soul has been looking for years  :) :) :) :) :)  :stayinlane:

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

nsmall

It seems like some pretty nice cars come up in Spokane once in awhile so if you keep looking I'm Certain you'll find one for that price range.

Because you are okay with 72-74, non # matching, you WILL be able to find something real nice IMO.

Good luck and welcome to a great site.  Be patient so once it's time to pull the trigger, it'll be easier and you will be confident.

6bblgt

that early A66 Challenger needs some hood decals  :wowzers:

Morty426

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 07, 2018, 07:45:38 PM
If you can buy this car near $20k and it's all original / numbers and running and driving I think that would be a good deal.  What do you guys think? 

Fun car to drive and don't have to restore it or worry about a road rock ding or scratch.  Plus later in life you might want to restore it and it looks to be super solid.  Not many of those type of cars left.   :alan2cents:

I think that would be a good as long as the body is sound. 

CudaMoparRay

RUNCHARGER

Washington has been a good source for E-bodies all right, just don't tell anyone.
Sheldon

Voodoo Child

Burnt Orange with an Orange gut!!!!!  :wowzers: Nice  :bradsthumb:

ledphoot

Welcome!

Cudas and Challengers can be scarce. You should be able to find what you're looking for in the 30-35K range. If it were me out there shopping in that budget I'd be looking at 1972 340 4 speed cars, particularly the 'Cuda as it is my overall favorite aside from the side-marker lights. You can do some modifications like improved brakes / engine work to them and still enjoy taking them out.

Not sure what the reserve is on this car:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Other-Makes/273260221458?hash=item3f9f941412:g:JdgAAOSwVttbFefD&vxp=mtr

Here's what appears to be a nice '74:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Plymouth-Barracuda/223004003327?hash=item33ec130bff:g:XXwAAOSw-0RbFFQU&vxp=mtr

Another '74 that you may be able to negotiate the price down on:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Barracuda/123172928693?hash=item1cadadbcb5:g:YKEAAOSwdxZbFdDs&vxp=mtr

This challenger is in the ballpark:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Dodge-Challenger/192551576021?hash=item2cd4f7e1d5:g:-OAAAOSw6XJa4nXa&vxp=mtr

ledphoot

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 07, 2018, 07:25:43 PM
@kawahonda  a buddy of mine just found a fantastic barn find tonight!  Just a matter of a few hours ago he found this 1970 Challenger 340 rallye hood pretty much original and still original paint.  It would make a super car to drive and enjoy and most likely will be well under your budget.  AND it's in Washington state.  I think he's going to get it running and driving.  It's going to be coming on the market soon so get in touch with him if you want first shot at it (if I don't talk him out of it first).  Looks like it's all numbers matching too!!!!  He's a member on here so maybe he'll be able to post more photos for you.  @70mopes  is the member and his name is Charlie.

That's something to check out for sure :)

Morty426

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 08, 2018, 07:07:12 AM
Washington has been a good source for E-bodies all right, just don't tell anyone.

:rubeyes:

Time to fire up the CTD

rocketresto

In case anyone is curious here is the Challenger Cody mentioned.  It was listed in an estate sale this past weekend but apparently they sold it to Cody's friend before the sale.  They wouldn't let me open the hood but it looked nice.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington