Main Menu

New member from TN

Started by Cuda U Code, April 27, 2023, 11:55:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  I also have a '70 'Cuda 440 U code, 4 speed, Dana 60 4:10 car with manual steering.  However, I do have power front disc brakes. 

MOPARMIKE69

Quote from: Cuda U Code on April 28, 2023, 07:11:53 AM
Thanks 7E-Bodies, hope you find the property you are looking for. I was born and raised in Detroit and moved to TN after serving in the Navy, been here for 37 years. TN is a great place to live, but the car culture is not as widespread like other places, East TN/Knoxville area seems to have more car shows and enthusiasts than other parts of the State
Not sure how you have missed the Music City Mopar Club in Nashville. Log on and join the club we attend 2 to 3 shows per month and have monthly meetings. Great active Mopar group. Just attended a car show today in Mt. Juliet with about 175 cars.

Cuda U Code

Thanks MOPARMIKE69, I registered my 66 Nova at the Mt. Juliet show and took the Cuda to the GoodGuys show at the racetrack last weekend. Are you still planning on the Mopar show at Lebanon fairgrounds this year. Hope to meet you at a show sometime this year.

Cuda U Code

usraptor, looked back back at your project post and the video, nice car and is obviously very well done. Also a great story and history with this build. My guess is you will never sell this car. I wish I had the talent to do a complete restoration to that level. I have been purchasing cars with older quality restorations and performing all mechanical repairs and fixing paint imperfections, keeps me busy in retirement. Only problem is, I can't let one go and I have no more garage space.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on April 28, 2023, 06:22:55 AM
Looking for rural land in TN as we speak. We're about the same age with similar shops. Welcome to the best group on the net!

We came out to TN three years ago. Great change for us. After surveying the area, we liked the area just west of Nashville as it isn't as built up but it's still affordable and close enough to Nashville for airports or other needs. Look at Pegram or Kingston Springs if you need to be minutes from Nashville or Fairview, White Bluff or Dickson area if thirty minutes out is okay. Plenty of everything you need without needing Nashville but Nashville is great for entertainment, airport, medical, or big box stores like Costco so I personally like the idea of not being too rural.

Cuda U Code, where abouts are you? We're are a few minutes away from Fairview. You're right about the state not having a huge car culture. I've met some Mopar friends out here but you have to travel far for the good shows.

ebodyproducts

Hello from Clay City, KY!!  Welcome to the group.  You have a very nice 'cuda and Chevy II.   :worship:
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

Cuda U Code

70 Challenger lover, I am located in Wilson county just east of Nashville. I mostly go to the AACA sponsored car shows and charity events. Going to look into the Mopar only gatherings, went to one at the Lebanon fairgrounds last year, but not sure if it will be held again this year.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: Cuda U Code on May 31, 2023, 10:38:55 AM
70 Challenger lover, I am located in Wilson county just east of Nashville. I mostly go to the AACA sponsored car shows and charity events. Going to look into the Mopar only gatherings, went to one at the Lebanon fairgrounds last year, but not sure if it will be held again this year.

I think they do that Lebanon show every year but sadly it's only a one day thing. Holley has been doing their annual "Moparty" weekend long event every September up in Bowling Green. Not a bad show and not too far away from us either.

Challenger7042

Welcome neighbor, from Somereset Ky....very awesome rides you have there...

Blaze74

Hello East Tennessee,  Beautiful Car!!! If you ever decide to let her rip it up Rutledge Pike. Give a Yell.

MOPARMIKE69

Yes we had an awesome show again this year in Lebanon, TN. Our 34th. Here is a video of the show. It was a great show with beautiful weather.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG72qr2RNIM
Hope to see you!

Cuda U Code

This was a great show with many beautiful cars, great weather, and very well managed. Thanks to Music City Mopars for a great show experience.