Main Menu

New member - old Mopar Guy

Started by Zshowket, May 13, 2022, 03:44:27 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Zshowket

Hello everyone.  From Northern CA (dont hold it against me please), been around Mopar most of my life with even some road racing history in the family back in the old school IMSA Days.  My father just handed me his 1970 Challenger Convertible 440.  She had not been on the road in 15 years and I have started tearing into the project to bring her back to life.  Tank is out and all fuel lines cleaned, new tank, sending unit, fuel pump and card rebuild kit at the ready.

Looking forward to the build and finding some great knowledge here along with some parts connections :)

Photo is the first time the top has gone down in 15 years, wanted it down before pulling her only the lift.  She has been named Charlotte.

Until we meet on the road...

PS>  looking forward to pulling up to late model Challengers and saying...  "Who's your Daddy?"

70vert

Welcome, awesome car!!!
You'll find great help here and plenty of friends. :bigthumb:

anlauto

Well, you've found the best E-Body web site in the world ! WELCOME :welcome:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

:welcome: Your father has good taste and good scene to keep it all this time.  :handshake:

Chryco Psycho

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and let me tell ya, your dad is a class act! Give him a big hug and kiss and make sure to get him in the car for the initial outing as your car! Truer love hath no man, than he gives his son his ragtop, big block Challenger. Lucky you!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cudamadd

welcome: very nice challenger, great that you have keep this car and not sold it off .  :australia:

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.   Great story and a gorgeous car to boot.   

Brads70

Welcome! What a great car and story!  :cooldance:

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site!  Amazing looking car!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

blown motor

Welcome from Canada. Great car!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Mr Lee

Congrats on the car.  What better gift to receive.  How many miles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember, wherever you go, there you are.

Zshowket

Quote from: Mr Lee on May 16, 2022, 06:36:03 PM
Congrats on the car.  What better gift to receive.  How many miles?

75,000 from what I can tell.

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: from Riverside , California  :banana:

Zshowket

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on May 17, 2022, 04:50:50 PM
:welcome: from Riverside , California  :banana:

Riverside!!!!!!  This car came from a a Dodge dealer in Riverside about 35 years ago!  I think she was rebuilt by the dealer, kinda tossed together with spare parts at the time.  AS I dig into her there are many shortcuts I have found like wrong radiator, no fan shroud, cut and welded pitman arm and a few other hoky poky things.