Main Menu

Started by CudaA39, November 26, 2019, 03:05:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaA39

Hi all, my name is Mike and I'm from Moon, Pa.  I'm have a 71' Cuda Gran Coup that is at the very beginning stages of a build.  I've been a fairly active member of moparts under a different name (A39Coronet) since I raced my 67' Dodge Coronet.

We purchased the Cuda in 1995/1996 when I was 7 as a running car that had been repainted Plum Crazy (Originally a lime green car) and needed a lot of work.  It was originally a 318 AC car but had a 383 4bbl w/AC when purchased.  The car was torn down to nothing, went to body shop jail for an extended period of time, and then fell victim to a divorce.  When I graduated from college in 2010, I bought it from my mom as a graduation gift to myself with no immediate plans since I was building and drag racing the Coronet in my spare time.

In July of this year I sold the Coronet to a new home and decided to focus my attention on the Cuda.  It'll be a Gen 3 Hemi powered car I plan to race heavily but also drive on the street.  Being that it's a bare shell and I am working out of boxes of parts, I figured it would be a good idea to join a dedicated forum to help with the build.
Check out my 71 Gen3 build:

https://youtu.be/XSDAWczXoZw

2015 Tri-State Stock/Superstock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Weekend Sunday Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar Weekend Friday No Box Winner and 11.50 R/U

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:
It is great that you will actually drive & race the car instead of being yet another trailer queen

CudaA39

Thanks!  We did the car shows with separate cars all through my childhood and while oem restorations at awesome, it's just not my style.  The car will appear very much stock, but I don't care to get into part numbers or concourse efforts of duplicating assembly line procedures.  It'll be a long road but like all on these forums it's what I enjoy.

I plan to race the car in big $ footbrake races and compete for an IHRA sportsman title.

Brads70

Welcome ! Sounds like a really fun project!

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Plumcrazzy

:welcome: From North Central WV

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum!!! @CudaA39   :welcome:   :banana:  There's a lot of guys on here that have done the Gen 3 mod and they seem to love it!

CudaA39

Thanks all!

Cody, you're actually the only person I've ever subscribed to on YouTube.  I found your steering column restoration videos last week and knew I'd be needing them for future reference.

jimynick

Welcome to the site from  :canada: and good luck with your conversion. You'll hear about posting pics, so I just thought I'd give you a heads up!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

mopar thunder

Welcome!  :wave: Sounds like a great project. Tell us moe on the specs of the engine and what your looking to run.

Jay Bee

7E-Bodies

Welcome from Illinois and please post lots about your ongoing process
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome aboard from Atlanta! Great project you're diving into!
Joe

Spikedog08

Welcome from Michigan!  Glad you signed up!   :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

nsmall

Welcome :bradsthumb:  Yeah, Cuda Cody is a legend.  Love that guy!