Main Menu

New owner in Illinois 74 Barracuda

Started by ClarkWGrizwald, July 30, 2019, 09:59:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

:welcome: from New Jersey
Nice Barracuda and a great starting point for some fun driving.
This may help; the 74 Plymouth Factory Service Manual used but reasonably priced

Also contains the wiring diagrams you need!

https://www.factoryrepairmanuals.com/1974-chrysler-plymouth-factory-service-manual-set-original-shop-repair/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgofC0OTu4wIViZ6fCh0XJQ68EAQYAyABEgIRHPD_BwE

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

ClarkWGrizwald

I purchased the last one they had! Thank you for the link!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

jimynick

Here's another welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and congrats on bagging that "unicorn"!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

ClarkWGrizwald

I got the temp plates today and on my way home from work, I passed a classic car show 3 blocks from my house. So, I came home, slapped the plate on and took it out on the road for its first trip in about 30 yeats!  She ran well. Onky issue I had was in the way home i has to run the lights. The volt meter was in the "-D" side about 1/ 4 the way over on the gauge.  Came home fine. But an hour later I went out ri start the car and within 3 10-second cranks, the battery was dead. Probably needs an alternator as it's the original.  And getting a 100+ amp vs the stock 50 or 60amp  is probably a good idea.  I'll probably buy a new battery as well. 
And the tires are from the early 80s so I should probably swap them out too. 
But it was sure fun taking her out!!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

7212Mopar

I totally understanding the feeling of finally finding and owning a rust free car of your dream. It is like you have been blessed and the car was waiting for you all these years. I say build it the way you want and start a build thread for us to follow. BTW, big welcome from California.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket