Main Menu

Newbie from France

Started by Lilian, July 04, 2017, 07:27:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Lilian

hello All

I am Lilian fron France, male 49 yo.

for those from Canada, I used to live in the French Islands of Saint Pierre and Miquelon for the last 2 years and traveled a lot to NewFoundland and Nova Scotia.

I am now back in Continental France and will be begin to work on my 70 N code cuda.

First thing to make her start and run then to make her road worthy !! so it will need a column shift steering column, brakes, E wiring, fuel tank and some kind of re-assembly.

Second, maybe start thinking how to restore it in the next couple of years but driving it is my priority.

I registered here because of Cody's videos on you tube that helped me get some motivation back !! and for a French Native speaking guy, they are really understandable !!  so Cody, keep up the good work with these videos !!

anlauto

Does anybody want to pick up my steering column in Carlisle and send it to Lilian in France ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

:welcome: LiLan from Utah!  Looking forward to seeing you 'Cuda on the roads in France!

J-Code Jeni

Sending you the warmest :welcome: to e-Bodies.org @Lilian ! I appreciate that your priority is driving your Cuda- we think alike! :D Curious to hear how/when you were bit by the Mopar bug, when you get a chance.

Thanks for mentioning how you found this site- it's helpful to know. Cody's enthusiasm sure comes through in his video's & it's fantastic your motivation returned as a result.

By the way, the Nova Scotia-Newfoundland area is on my travel bucket list- is it as beautiful out there as it looks?

Cuda Cody

Welcome @Lilian  :welcome:  thank you for introducing yourself.    :banana:  Glad you found the videos helpful and good luck with your Cuda project.  This is a GREAT group of people here.... many have taught me a lot of what I know.   :yes:  So feel free to ask for any help you might need.  They are a wonderful mix of E-Body experts and enthusiasts.

Is you Cuda a Power Steering or Manual steering car?

As for wiring, the M&H wiring that Year One sells is the best IMO.  It's brand new and all the colors and connections are the same as the factory.  You can often find 30% off coupons for Year One or use the E-Bodies.org discount code for up to 25% off anytime.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/deals-coupons-vendor-specials-and-product-reviews/16/e-bodies-org-site-supporters-discount-codes/1062/

Have a wonderful day.

~Cody

Cuda Cody

Just got an email from YearOne for 30% off (good through tomorrow at midnight).  Code "CN7838"

CudaMoparRay

JS29

:welcome: From central New York :wave:  :unitedstates:

70/6chall

A big MOPAR welcome Lilian from Socalif. your N code Cuda sounds like a great car to restore, you'll have it up and running in no time. The people on my fathers side are French from Canada (Quebec) we settled in New Hampshire, where I was born. My last name is "Lavoie" and I own a C code '70 Challenger that I've had for 44 years. Again welcome to the forum.    Thanks,   Al

Jay Bee

:welcome: ...to the site from St. Catharines, ON  :canada:

Lilian

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

thanks all for your warm welcome, it is really appreciate.

@Cody : my cuda originally came with power steering but was later swap to manual when the 440 engine was installed, I have the original box and want to put it back on the car as well as the column shift steering column !!  i have a complete steering column but without lock out bracket so I need at least the inner tube with the lock out bracket but Alan's column would be a great purchase !!

@Jeni, the western coasts of Newfoundland are really nice with some wonderfull places !! but my favorite place in Canada is Toronto !!

TobiasM

:welcome: aboard, Lilian, from Allemagne and bon chance with your restauration! Got a resto-project myself  :wrenching:

benlavigne

Bienvenue, de Montréal!
Il y a plusieurs ressources ici au Québec qui ont l'habitude d'expédier des voitures et pièces Mopar en europe!
Écris-moi en MP si je peux t,aider!
To our fellow English-speaking members, Please excuse my French!  ;)

Ben

Cuda Cody

I'm always so impressed with people that speak 2 languages.   :clapping:   

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from B.C. Canada.
Sheldon