Main Menu

Newish from Puerto Rico

Started by 06Daytona, April 26, 2018, 08:02:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1Burgfish

:wrenching: Amen, I know me and my brother in-law were hanging onto the aluminum door at his house because the first winds were trying to blow the door inside the house and when those winds went by the outside ring of winds was trying to siphon the door out. We were hanging onto the door knob with a towel around the door knob pulling back. I told my brother-in law that if the wind pulls this door off the hinges we will end up in Cabo Rojo. :unbelievable:

CudaMoparRay

Brads70

Wlcome back over here and glad to hear you made it through the hurricane!  :o

Dakota

Welcome to the site from Buffalo, NY.   :wave:   

Glad to hear you survived Maria.   The pictures I've seen of the devastation on PR and the challenges of recovery are truly amazing and sobering.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

jimynick

Another welcome to the site fron Ontario,  :canada:  and good to hear that your old Boy Scout "Be prepared" training paid off!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

nsmall

You know Neil, love that guy so I already like you.  Welcome to the site.

HP_Cuda

:welcome: to the site.

Glad everything worked out for you. As for the rest of PR - how is the rebuilding effort? I am guessing it's still incredibly slow for most folks on the island.

As well, hopefully the lawlessness is kept to a minimum.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

06Daytona

The rebuilding is pretty slow going. Getting metal for roofs and plywood is really difficult. When we were flying back from Florida last week I was surprised by the number of houses still using blue tarps for roofs. From what I understand the electricity is almost finished, but there are still quite a few weak points that cause some pretty big blackouts. THe day we came back from Florida there was an outage that affected about 800,000 people and at the end of the week there was an island wide blackout for about 24 hours. We live in the dairy area of the island so the dairies got together and bought and installed the power poles and had an agreement with the power company to get the lines restored once the poles where planted.
I think the lawlessness was actually minimal from what I've heard. There was a little looting, but it was places that had windows blown out during the storm, not people breaking into businesses. I was expecting more break and enter style looting myself so I had all my firearms loaded and about 1200 rounds of 223/556 stuffed in mags just in case.

usraptor

340challconvert

Welcome to ebodies from New Jersey
Glad you are OK with the storm hitting the island and problems that are still continuing.
:welcome:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Spikedog08

So glad you signed up 06Daytona!  Very cool!   :banana:  :banana:  :banana:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!