Main Menu

Nicolas Cage hemicuda

Started by micklan, March 12, 2018, 10:47:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

micklan

Hello,
There has been some discussion on the VIN of the hemicuda Nicolas Cage owned. It is BS23R0B184309. I know because I owned this car from 1978 to 1993.
I bought this car for $4000 and it had 22,000 miles on it. Sweet ride & never been beat on the street!! 4:10 Dana & 4 speed really worked well.
Mick

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the site @micklan   :welcome:  Tell us more about the Cuda.  Did you really buy a Hemi cuda for $4000 in 1978?   :bigmoney:

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site from Michigan!  Sounds like a really cool car!  Pictures?   :veryexcited:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

micklan

Yes, I did buy that car when I lived in Fargo, ND. It was originally sold by Trenda Motors in Grand Forks ND. I was the 5th owner of the car and have the complete list of prvious owners. When I bought the car it had slicks on it. The previous owner raced it.
One of the first things I did was remove the original trans and engine and stored it. I had another hemi and 4 speed that I put in. I was afraid of damaging the numbers matching stuff. I used the doner engine for the entire time i had the car right up before I sold it in 1993.

One other interesting fact on this car: when I bought it it had white interior. I found out one of the previous ownwers swapped it out with another guy with a T/A Cuda. When I sold it it had the white interior. I sold it to a guy in New Jersey and about a year later he sold it to a Guy in Maryland who called me asking questions about the car's past. He told me he was going to make a 100 point restoration on it.

Boy.....do I wish I had that car today!
Mick

micklan

Pictures of Cage Cuda from the early 90's

micklan

More pic's

dodgemania

sweet  cuda  from back in the days  :)

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Jim AAR

Quote from: Cuda Cody on March 12, 2018, 11:12:57 AM
Welcome to the site @micklan   :welcome:  Tell us more about the Cuda.  Did you really buy a Hemi cuda for $4000 in 1978?   :bigmoney:

I also had an opportunity to buy a 1970 TX9 (Black Velvet) 4 spd with 4.10 Hemi Cuda in the early 80's for $6000 CDN but didn't have a place to store it as I already had my AAR and didn't want to part with it.

It didn't have the numbers matching block in it at the time, but I knew who had the block and he would have sold it to me....

Also could have bought a 1970 TA, numbers matching FT6 (Burnt Tan) Automatic with Original Paint in the early 80's for $5500 CDN....

That would have been an awesome stable of E-Bodies....  :banana: :banana:

If only we knew how collectible these cars would become.....  :bricks:

Sure wish I would have bought them...... :Thud: :Thud: :Thud:

Jim AAR

Quote from: micklan on March 12, 2018, 10:47:10 AM
Hello,
There has been some discussion on the VIN of the hemicuda Nicolas Cage owned. It is BS23R0B184309. I know because I owned this car from 1978 to 1993.
I bought this car for $4000 and it had 22,000 miles on it. Sweet ride & never been beat on the street!! 4:10 Dana & 4 speed really worked well.
Mick

:welcome: from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada :canada:

You have found your E-Body home, the best E-Body site in the world...

Very nice looking car.............

JS29

:welcome: From central New York!  :wave:

340challconvert

Welcome from New Jersey
Cool story about the Cage Cuda
:twothumbsup:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

CudaMoparRay

303 Mopar

Welcome from CO!  What a great car with a great history! 

bluespruce

Welcome from Colorado, had to be tough to sell that car