Main Menu

Well.... Hello all you with familiar names.

Started by YellowThumper, March 30, 2017, 04:27:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

I was feeling a little hollow and will apparently fill more of my time up over here.

Just gonna hang out quietly in the corner watching others actually complete projects.
Looks like I missed almost complete build from Alan.

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Cuda Cody

Hey good buddy!  Good to see you here @YellowThumper    :slapme5:  Thanks for checking in with us.

Alan builds them good and fast.  If you blink you'll miss it.  :veryexcited:   He's about as fast as the factory was.   :bigthumb:

Quote from: YellowThumper on March 30, 2017, 04:27:20 PM
I was feeling a little hollow and will apparently fill more of my time up over here.

Just gonna hang out quietly in the corner watching others actually complete projects.
Looks like I missed almost complete build from Alan.

Mike.

Roadman

:grouphug: :grouphug:           :welcome:

1 Wild R/T

Hey!! Welcome!! I'm no longer the Newbie.... :rofl: 

YellowThumper

Mike.

Spikedog08

welcome to the site!   Glad you signed up!    :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ec_co

:welcome: to the new and much improved go-to site. content is growing very quickly
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Rev-It-Up

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you...no need to hang out in the corner, just jump right in!
Rev-It-Up

YellowThumper

For those who don't know.
The car.

The plan. Several years ago in mock up stages.

Currently the turbos are off and Megasquirt is being setup. Sloooowly.

The primary reason for delays that will last another 2 years.....

Mike.

Cuda Cody

Whoa, Mike.... back up here.  Lets talk about this a bit more.  What's going on with your Challenger?  It looks so perfectly stock from the outside, then BAM you open the hood and you're building a monster.   :)  Are you still thinking of using those Turbos and how much HP are you thinking you'll be at with them?  Lets hear more about your plan with the car? 

Does your daughter play basketball?  Tell us a little more.   :please: 

Quote from: YellowThumper on March 30, 2017, 09:57:57 PM
For those who don't know.
The car.

The plan. Several years ago in mock up stages.

Currently the turbos are off and Megasquirt is being setup. Sloooowly.

The primary reason for delays that will last another 2 years.....

303 Mopar

Welcome to the site @YellowThumper, and yes we want to know more!!! 

jimynick

In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

YellowThumper

More history,
I am a 33 year owner of it. Still mostly original paint. Passenger side had some work done prior to my ownership. The hood and fender louvers I painted and added.
Base model 318 with 3spd standard. Power nothing...

Yes, I am still going to be using the turbos.
Plan is for a "limited" streetable 500hp. Car most likely will never see track time.
Also all of this is being done and fit without any hacking up of the factory metal.

I also have a 68 Mustang project I tore into long ago and it was down for the count for 20 years. Finished now but I vowed not to do that with this one. Been keeping it a running and driving car thru all my iterations. Fab, install for fitment, remove and repeat.

Setup shown previously was early on in my mock up stages. with all the old original LA accessories still on it.

Setup as it currently is:
LA 360 (long ago) with a Magnum 5.9 waiting in the wings that will be gone thru.
Converted to A833 with pistol grip long ago.
Power steering added long ago.
Power brakes added long ago.
However, with boost looming it is now converted to hydroboost setup.
Battery relocated to trunk.
Front accessories converted to Magnum pieces. Alternator is much closer to motor. Custom power steering mount to also pull it closer to motor. This provided the room for turbos.
Magnum water pump is also a couple of inches shorter. This allowed me to move a custom radiator off of the core support and closer to the engine. Added dual electric fans.
Dual ebay intercoolers that I cut off the factory tanks and fabbed up my own.
Having the radiator off the core support 2.5 inches allows for the intercooler ducting to pass thru core support opening. They mount in front of support but load in from the inside. All brackets mount utilizing existing holes. I also squeezed in between all that a condenser for eventual air.
Added electric fuel pump.  Factory tank still but end result will be a custom one probably from TanksInc.
Edelbrock Air gap for Magnum 5.9 was converted to fit the LA motor. Total PITA as the mounting bolts were changed to be vertical... but it works.
It has port injectors, fuel logs and all the plumbing attached, however I am still using a carb so it can be driven. The regulator and be switched from high pressure to low pressure with just a spring change.
36-1 crank trigger made and added.
Custom hybrid cam trigger was made to eventually replace distributor.
Full set of LS coils have been mounted
I am currently attempting to get Megasquirt MS3X functioning on it. All is mounted and wired but am struggling with programming it.
So...
Plugged back in the distributor factory ignition and coil so I can drive it again.
Made my own plenum that mounts a dual throttle body off a Lincoln.

I will work on starting up a build thread here.

More current mockup. the carburetor is back on though. Turbos will be reintroduced when the MS3x has taken control.
I have no desire to attempt a blow thru to only get rid of it.

To answer the other question.
Yes, daughter plays basketball. As a freshman last year her team won the D1 state championship.
That's her getting some air this year as a Sophomore
The team thru the years have 10 championships. They run a top program.
This year just ended and they did not do as well. However, they will have 13 returning girls that are all going to be Juniors and Seniors. Very high expectations for next year. They are an incredible group of players that play and train hard. Will be fun to watch.

Mike.