Main Menu

Hello from East Coast

Started by RCman, April 17, 2017, 08:33:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RCman

Hi All,
Nice new place here.

I'm a newer guy to older Mopars versus some of you folks but I've had my car for about a year and a half now and I've been working on it slowly.
It isn't perfect by any means but it's a driver and it's mine. :) I'm a convert from the off-road world.

71 Challenger was originally a 318 car so not a numbers car or original R/T car but it is now a 383/727 car with a 70 style R/T stripe. When I bought it it needed quite a few things and over the course of the last 2 winters I've spruced her up somewhat with a b-body D60, 4 wheel discs, suspension, subframe connectors, wheels and tires, a R/T looking tail panel, etc. I do drive it a lot so I try to let snowy months be the only downtime for garage work.
:wrenching:
Next up is to ditch the Edelbrock carb for a Sniper EFI... but a guy can dream for the summer months while driving it right?

Cuda Cody

Welcome @RCman   :welcome:  Thanks for joining us and sharing some photos of your car.  I LOVE the color!   :inlove: 

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site RCman!   Glad you joined up for some ebody fun!    :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

JS29

Solarguy

303 Mopar

Perfect car to do those upgrades and they all look awesome!  For EFI, you may want to consider FiTech as there are some reported issues on the Sniper.  A lot of guys have the FiTech and are really happy.  Also, tanksinc.com have good EFI tanks and in-tank pumps.

Rev-It-Up

:welcome: Welcome to the forum RCman! Good looking Challenger you have there! If you're looking for some summer fun, you might want to join us in Carlisle, PA in July! It should be a blast!  :yes:
Rev-It-Up

ec_co

:welcome:  LOVE your Challenger, looks great!!  I concur with 303 Mopar, check out FiTech.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RCman

Thanks everyone.  8)

@303 Mopar and @ec_co do you guys have any link of the possible issues with the Holley setup? I'm curious now. I know a few Chevelle guys that run it happily.
FiTech could very well be a good unit as well I was honestly just going on word of mouth from the Chevelle guys and the Holley name reputation.

J-Code Jeni

:welcome: Love your car! I'm glad to hear you drive her a lot when there's no snow. Nothing like a beautiful classic flying down the road!  :twothumbsup:

jimynick

Welcome from Ontario,  :canada:  and that's a nice car!
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Jay Bee

:wave:  Welcome to the site from St. Catharines, ON   :canada: 

cuda dad

Welcome to the forum.  I agree, perfect car to modernize a bit.  Disc brakes all around are a worthy upgrade.

Chryco Psycho

Welcome , Nice Challenger  :bradsthumb:
I would be looking into FITech over Holley also , I built my own system using numerous different suppliers on one  project also , it works great as well

chal340

Welcome, nice color. ;) Me and some buddies are looking too to put an EFI. why not.
70 Dodge Challenger 340 A66.