Main Menu

Suggestions on cheapest transport for parts from west coast to North east

Started by Jocigar, October 19, 2022, 06:50:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jocigar

I'm thinking about buying a full set of seats for one of my future cuda projects, price could be right but shipping may cost too much.   

Any suggestion ?   I was thinking a car transporter could throw them in a car or a truck bed heading east.  something like that, out of the box ideas?  Thanks   ...Maybe its just not a good time with price of fuel.

blown motor

If you're thinking of using a car transporter check with Bill's Auto Works. He's a member here.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

70_440-6Cuda

I used Uship to transport a Dana 60 from ID to CA - was about $300 and required no packaging.  If you post on Uship for less than a truck load you will get someone already going the direction you need with space to fill.  On my Dana, the guy transports all over the country, mostly vintage signs, gas pumps and such
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

whitsend

I have shipped fenders in the past by using Greyhound. It's been years ago but I found them to be the cheapest. Good luck.

Bills Auto Works

Quote from: blown motor on October 19, 2022, 07:26:31 AM
If you're thinking of using a car transporter check with Bill's Auto Works. He's a member here.

Thank You Sir for the recommendation!

Unfortunately my west coast runs are DONE for this year!  I was on the west coast 7 times this year & 10 times last year, but I stop going west after October 15th as I do NOT want to carry chains or spend time stuck on the interstate because some goofball who was texting caused a big accident going across an icy pass! I have no problem adding a few parts like a set of seats to a trip coming back from the west coast, but I am not available till spring for such a transport. The 4 or 5 gentlemen I trust 100% with my overflow feel the same way I do...Don't want to put on chains to cross passes or be stuck on the highway until the DOT gets it cleared from an accident!

If you can hold off till spring, I will have lots of runs to Los Angeles, Sacramento, Seattle, etc!

God Bless
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/nationwide-single-car-transport-hauling-open-or-enclosed.614419/
YOUR QUALITY MOPAR TRANSPORTER SINCE 1983!