Main Menu

1970 Challenger Seat Covers

Started by GoMangoBoys, November 17, 2020, 05:30:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

I have a set of seat covers listed on Ebay right now.  I was given them for a very low price from a member of this forum.  He only had 1 seat bottom and 2 seat backs.  I could not get another seat bottom, so I ended up buying a whole set from Legendary.  1 Week after I got my new covers, my buddy found the other bottom.  So now I have his seat covers for sale and we are splitting the money.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Challenger-Original-Vinyl-Seat-Covers-Black/233785492433

6bblgt

interested if the are OE
are you sure those are original Chrysler pieces?  do you have pics of any stampings on the insides or tags sewn into the covers  :takealook:

6bblgt

GoMangoBoys

@6bblgt sorry for the delay in responding.  I cannot find any markings on them.  I am checking with the guy that I got them from.   He is checking with the guy that he got the car from.
Thanks.

Ricomondo

@GoMangoBoys , if @6bblgt  does not take them, I'd like to be next please, I could use them for my TA. Doesn't matter to me if they are OEM or repop.

Thanks
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

GoMangoBoys

@6bblgt. I checked with the guy that I got the seat covers from (he is a member of this forum).  He checked with the guy that he bought the car from in 89.  That guy thinks they are original.  He had furry seat covers covering them while he owned it.
That is all I can say for sure about their originality.
Thanks.

anlauto

Well the eBay ad does have a "Buy it now "  :banana: ....He who snoozes loses  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

GoMangoBoys

@ricomondo I have them on Ebay for $200 starting bid and $300 buy it now.  If you think the $300 is fair, click buy it now.  If not, make me a fair offer and I will end the auction and sell them to you directly.
Thanks.

mccannix

Most originals I have seen had markings like these on the inside material,.. original bucket seat covers from a 71 Cuda leather interior....but then I have not seen them all.

RUNCHARGER

Yes, originals have printing on the inside. Also the "cord" you hog ring to is different on the repro covers.  I've sat on enough original covers that looked perfect then split when you try to use them that originals do nothing for me.
Sheldon

Ricomondo

Quote from: GoMangoBoys on November 20, 2020, 07:48:28 PM
@ricomondo I have them on Ebay for $200 starting bid and $300 buy it now.  If you think the $300 is fair, click buy it now.  If not, make me a fair offer and I will end the auction and sell them to you directly.
Thanks.

@GoMangoBoys - any splits or tears in them? Ad doesn't say? The bottom cover on the right in the photo looks like it has a tear?

Thanks
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

GoMangoBoys

@ricomondo   One seat bottom has a spot in the right center that I believe is something stuck to the vinyl.  Each of the seat bottoms have a couple minor nicks where the seat cover wraps under.  The last picture is the spot on the top side of the seat bottom.  It really seems to be a small lump of something stuck to the vinyl.  I did not want to pick at it too much. If you want them, make me an offer.  If not, no worries.
Thanks

GoMangoBoys