Main Menu

Spartan Horn Set with Correrct mounting brackets for 67-71

Started by MoparDave, January 20, 2017, 08:23:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

twenty mike mike

Thanks very much! Yes, the wheels are 15". It's just too hard to get decent 14" rubber nowadays. I can't think of a car that those wheels don't look great on!

Don't tell anyone,    :-[  but I had the Dutchman panel, trunk floor, exterior and trunk paint, the chrome and the vinyl top done professionally, so I can't take credit for that. The grille is new from Classic. Tail lights are new. I did restore the dash frame and VIN tag, and installed a new bezel, as well as doing a top overhaul on the engine (new aluminum heads, new cam, lifters, pushrods, rocker shafts and arms, timing gear and cover, new water pump, stuff like that). I had every intention of installing the Passon 4 spd overdrive, but when I hefted the crate it came in, I decided taking it to a shop was the better part of valor. I still need to trim the carpet and install the center console, so I have a few things to keep me busy on rainy days.

MoparDave

there are 2 different sets, early and late. Early horns are 67-71 with threw bolt bracket. 72-85 have the threaded bracket.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Cuda Cody

That looks very nice.   :twothumbsup:  Are you planning on keeping it or selling it when you get done?

If you did restore another car, what would it be?

Quote from: twenty mike mike on February 14, 2017, 11:34:10 PM
Thanks very much! Yes, the wheels are 15". It's just too hard to get decent 14" rubber nowadays. I can't think of a car that those wheels don't look great on!

Don't tell anyone,    :-[  but I had the Dutchman panel, trunk floor, exterior and trunk paint, the chrome and the vinyl top done professionally, so I can't take credit for that. The grille is new from Classic. Tail lights are new. I did restore the dash frame and VIN tag, and installed a new bezel, as well as doing a top overhaul on the engine (new aluminum heads, new cam, lifters, pushrods, rocker shafts and arms, timing gear and cover, new water pump, stuff like that). I had every intention of installing the Passon 4 spd overdrive, but when I hefted the crate it came in, I decided taking it to a shop was the better part of valor. I still need to trim the carpet and install the center console, so I have a few things to keep me busy on rainy days.

twenty mike mike

Quote from: MoparDave on February 15, 2017, 05:10:16 AM
there are 2 different sets, early and late. Early horns are 67-71 with threw bolt bracket. 72-85 have the threaded bracket.

Thanks, Dave. I'll give you a call.

twenty mike mike

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 15, 2017, 07:34:13 AM
That looks very nice.   :twothumbsup:  Are you planning on keeping it or selling it when you get done?

If you did restore another car, what would it be?

Thanks again, I appreciate the compliments. I have no plans to sell it, but if someone wants to come along and fill my pockets with money, I'd consider it. And my pockets would be very deep.

I'm torn between a 'cuda and a Challenger and some years of each I like better than others. A Dynacorn Challenger would probably be the fastest path to success. If they are any good...I haven't researched them, yet. Some people say that it would be more expensive, since the drivetrain, suspension and trim all have to be purchased extra. Heck, I did most of that for the Charger, anyway. Then there's the issue of the limited number of special licenses at the beginning of each year, without which the car has to meet current smog regs in this state.

I've probably hijacked Dave's post way too much...next thing you know, I'll have an administrator cautioning me.  :rofl:

MoparDave

Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/