Main Menu

426ci Hemi Engine For Sale on BAT

Started by 303 Mopar, December 21, 2019, 06:15:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Good point.  Only takes two people to drive perceived prices. 
  I did ask for his list.   :D
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

The buyer pays a 5% fee on top of the final price so the new owner got a very cool engine for $34,000.

I have the same Hemi package that has not been built yet with restored carbs and a 1970 blank VIN 426 Hemi block that I am going to put on the market.  I was thinking of starting at $25K OBO.  My engine builder can put it together for about $5k and break it in on the dyno, but I figured someone might want to built it to their own specs.

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 27, 2019, 03:34:34 PM
Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on December 21, 2019, 11:01:51 AM
Yes I've seen that one, it's legit. Value guess? tough one to guess. A complete 70-71 core with no block repairs or damage, carbs to exhaust manifolds (assuming all is original parts), has got to be worth 25-30K, then add an expensive rebuild plus break-in on a dyno? 45-50K seems reasonable to me.   :alan2cents:

considerably less.  I wonder why it sold for only 32K?

cuda hunter

Quote from: Cuda Cody on December 27, 2019, 05:11:56 PM
The buyer pays a 5% fee on top of the final price so the new owner got a very cool engine for $34,000.

I have the same Hemi package that has not been built yet with restored carbs and a 1970 blank VIN 426 Hemi block that I am going to put on the market.  I was thinking of starting at $25K OBO.  My engine builder can put it together for about $5k and break it in on the dyno, but I figured someone might want to built it to their own specs.

Quote from: cuda hunter on December 27, 2019, 03:34:34 PM
Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on December 21, 2019, 11:01:51 AM
Yes I've seen that one, it's legit. Value guess? tough one to guess. A complete 70-71 core with no block repairs or damage, carbs to exhaust manifolds (assuming all is original parts), has got to be worth 25-30K, then add an expensive rebuild plus break-in on a dyno? 45-50K seems reasonable to me.   :alan2cents:

considerably less.  I wonder why it sold for only 32K?

:drooling: :drooling: :drooling:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee