Main Menu

Blank VIN 1970 Hemi 426 Engine For Sale

Started by Cuda Cody, January 18, 2020, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Complete 1970 Hemi engine for sale $25K SALE PENDING

This is a rare non VIN stamped block.  It was built by Dodge so it was most likely an over the counter complete engine or warranty block.  The block has been maged and it's perfect.  The bore should be around .020 or .030 over and might have been from the factory like that.  The carbs have been professional restored by Scott Smith at Harms (best on the business).  The cam is new and a Mr. Six Pack grand that is pretty close to stock.  Engine was cast on 5-19-1969 and assembled at the factory on Halloween 10-31-1969.  Valve covers are correct for 1970, but I have 1969 too if you prefer.  I have several Hemi heads too with different dates that you can choose from.  Also have a crank that is set up for aluminum rods and the aluminum rods to go with it if you would rather run that set up.  The pistons are stock from 1970 and I would suggest new ones, but they are good and usable.  One side of the exhaust is correct for 1969 to 1970 but the other is correct for 1969. It's hard to find a good clean 1970 block and this one is about as clean as you'll find.  This block is a BLANK VIN PAD and it's been in stored indoors for over 45 years.  Don't miss this chance to be the next owner of this rare engine.  Asking SALE PENDING. Located in beautiful Brush Prairie, WA 98606.  360-772-5555 (Pacific Time Zone).

Cuda Cody

More photos.

Cuda Cody

More photos

headejm

Looks like someone needs to buy some diapers!  :rofl:

Topcat

E-mail I saved from Scott regarding Hemi carbs.

Regardless of what anyone has told you, here is the deal. Your friend is generally right about the letter being the month of manufacture, but he's wrong about what the M on your carb was put there for.

The first  letter "M" = "modified" The second letter "L" is the original assembly date (L=November) 1969 assembly date. 4745S is the correct part# used in 1970 for rear Hemi carbs but this all goes out the window when the "M" was added after the chokes were swapped and the carb was then used as a 1971 application. The automatic choke was removed and the manual choke linkage was added.

My carbs are ML stamped as well.

WCC

This is so cool and this motor is just waiting for a nice body to match it up with, like a '66 barracuda.  :banana:

cuda hunter

ohhh, how I can dream! 

That looks like diamonds!    :drooling: :drooling:

That's quite the assembly of parts!  I'm sure it will sell quick. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

HEMICUDA

Quote from: cuda hunter on January 19, 2020, 07:35:11 AM
ohhh, how I can dream! 

It's simple, all you need is 12oz. of metal and drive a rust free 318 under it.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JH27N0B

Quote from: HEMICUDA on January 19, 2020, 07:40:23 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on January 19, 2020, 07:35:11 AM
ohhh, how I can dream! 

It's simple, all you need is 12oz. of metal and drive a rust free 318 under it.   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Apparently most people wouldn't have a problem with that Mike.  :headbang:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

JS29

Ric

I don't need another project...... but it sure does look purty.... :D

Cuda Cody

JS29