Main Menu

Cuda Challenger radio delete plate

Started by mccannix, April 24, 2019, 04:14:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: 198D13 on February 29, 2024, 07:00:24 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on February 28, 2024, 07:36:29 PMI could have interest in the 8 track bezel.
I'm assuming your fender tag has R11 on it.

I'm curious, if yours is a 70 challenger with the ribs can anyone out there show a ribbed radio delete plate? I've not seen that one before.
Would the challenger radio delete have the standard delete plate instead of a ribbed one?

Factory delete plates are difficult to find.  I found one at carlisle nationals 3 years ago.  Ill see if I can find pictures of it.

I'll post a picture of one I have when I get home tonight, it is all ribbed. The plate is NOT a delete plate.  Delete would indicate that a radio was standard equipment in all E Bodies, and that someone decided that they were going to somehow cancel their order for a radio.  Radio's were always optional. So the plate indicates simply, that a radio was not ordered. It was NOT deleted.

I call it a delete plate because that's become a common term that everyone immediately understands. It rolls off the tongue much easier than saying "the trim piece the factory used whenever a car was ordered without a radio."

70vert

When I found & bought my 70 Challenger convertible in 1988 it was sitting in a back yard, no drivetrain and a rotted top (so lots of rust). There wasn't much of a "numbers matching" craze back then, nor much reproduction stuff. All that just to say that many things in it/on it came from other vehicles a long time ago.

It very likely did not have rallye gages, does not have A62 on the fender tag. And as mentioned it did not have a radio in it, though has R11 on the fender tag. Maybe my next step should be to pull all the trim/bezels off to see what it really is and condition. I am not interested in a radio (using a bluetooth receiver already) so if it is rare stuff it would be better to get it to a proper vehicle/build.

Thanks for all the info, I welcome any additional input as well.

198D13

Does the tag have N85 on it?  That is the code for tachometer. Some tags did not have the A62, but DID have N85, which still means the car came with a rallye dash.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70vert

Quote from: 198D13 on February 29, 2024, 02:06:41 PMDoes the tag have N85 on it?  That is the code for tachometer. Some tags did not have the A62, but DID have N85, which still means the car came with a rallye dash.

No it does not. Here is the Fender Tag: (ugh, somehow got 3 copies of tag and can't figure out how to delete them)

@mccannix - appologies for hijacking your thread, that was not my intent. Once I get the various panels off, to get a better look, I will start a new post and ask for any opinions & guidance.

mccannix

@70vert
Not a problem...I didn't consider it a hijacking, just a resurrection.
I'd rather be resurrected than hijacked.

Jay Bee

Thought I'd edit the front pic for more clarity