Main Menu

Hard to find clock

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, November 17, 2020, 05:48:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70 Challenger Lover

Saw this on eBay. The clocks are reproduced now but they do not include the stem. The stem is nearly impossible to find anymore. The price on this set seems pretty fair to me if you really want this cool little option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333792857134

Skdmark

Any idea on how rare the clock option was?
My Barracuda has one (non-working).

Seems like the clock would cost as much as an entire non-rallye cluster.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

70 Challenger Lover

I think someone posted a stat on here once of two percent of the cars with standard gauges came with them.

challengermaniac

Seams odd that the seller wouldn't simply check to see if the clock operated.  Must assume that it does not!
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

Skdmark

J21 Electric Clock 16.10 option back in '71
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

70 Challenger Lover

I would assume it's broken. It's the screw in stem pieces that are impossible to find and worth their weight in gold if you need one badly enough.

gzig5

I've got one in my car. The one hand moves at some mysterious rate, but nothing else.  The stem on it is missing as well. We had a thread a while back discussing the stem availability and I was hoping to try and make a couple, but the reality of what needed attention on my car took over and that project is set aside for a while.  I do have the dash out now so I will be easier to take a look at it if I get to it this winter.

E74cuda

I have two cars that have the standard clock. One is missing the stem so I'd like to find one. That one seems a little rusty or maybe slightly pitted.

71383bee

I just realized the car I just bought has one of these and it has the stem. I don't recall if it was operable. If anyone needs closeup pictures I can get some in about a week. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: E74cuda on November 18, 2020, 06:49:52 AM
I have two cars that have the standard clock. One is missing the stem so I'd like to find one. That one seems a little rusty or maybe slightly pitted.

In looking at mine, the finish is like a gun bluing rather than a coating or plating. I agree his is pitted but that wouldn't deter me. 90% goes up into the gauge bezel and cannot be seen. I'm sure a good cleaning or even sanding with fine paper followed by a gun bluing treatment would make it look great.

Jay Bee

Here's a picture showing how much actually protrudes, click on the pic to enlarge it.

xx88man

My car has the clock. It works when it wants to  ::) I didn't even know it was a rare option
Keep yer foot in it

Skdmark

Mine doesn't work so I set it to 2 minutes to midnight.
Watchmen or Iron Maiden fans will get it.

-Harlan Ellison

Cudamike