Main Menu

Pair of 1970 hood hinges

Started by EV2RTSE, August 30, 2023, 01:10:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

EV2RTSE

These are off of a March/April built 1970 Challenger with the rallye hood. I'd recommend sending them to RestoRick for a rebuild.
$175 + shipping from 08724.

Jay Bee

70_440-6Cuda

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

EV2RTSE

A few more of the other side of the hinges.

70_440-6Cuda

@EV2RTSE looks like you have 2 different hinges - 1 with the welded up stop and one with the stamped up stop - do you know if they are original to the car?  I have a set I got from Resto Rick, but they are the early style with the welded up stop - I need the stamped versions since my car was built June 1970
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

EV2RTSE

Wow that's weird! I do believe they were originally paired together, here's a pic of them from a long time ago still in hemi orange paint. I was going to use them myself but at the last minute before my car got painted I had them swapped out for a rebuilt set from a '70 parts car we used to have. So they came back from the painter in a box and I didn't really look at them very closely.

I actually can still make a matched pair with welded up-stops as I do have another single '70 hinge. I could sell the stamped one as a single.

70_440-6Cuda

Well that is interesting - according to Resto Rick, March was around the time they made the switch, so that would make sense...

From another popst here:
https://forum.e-bodies.org/reference-material/18/how-to-identify-e-body-hood-hinges/24859/

4. Next variation (approximately 3-31-70), the welded-on up-stop was eliminated and they went with a tab that
was stamped with the base. (Presumably eliminating the welding step).

I would be interested in the single possibly, but that would mean hunting down another to match which may not be so easy.....

Mr Cuda

I have a drivers bent tab  mid 70, and 3 pass welded tab available.
19 count springs.
My early springs that I'm keeping have 24 coils,  unless I'm counting wrong.