Main Menu

WTB 1970 E Body Hood Hinges

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, May 09, 2023, 01:33:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

Looking for a set of decent 1970 E body hood hinges for a June build '70 Cuda - thanks
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mr Cuda

If you are going full date correct,  those are too early.  And expensive.
By 3 or 4 of 70, they started using the mid 70-71 style.
Folded not weldeed hinge stop, and of course a 70 date.
Mid 70 pictures for reference

Jay Bee

$400.00 CAD - seriously. I got a mere $185.00 CAD for my pair of later 1970 hood hinges. I guess they can ask what they want. I always sell stuff too cheap.

70vert

Quote from: Jay Bee on May 09, 2023, 03:52:23 PM
$400.00 CAD - seriously. I got a mere $185.00 CAD for my pair of later 1970 hood hinges. I guess they can ask what they want. I always sell stuff too cheap.

Me too, though I tend to think of it as selling at a fair price to a fellow enthusiast (vs flipper/gouger). Which is also why I prefer to sell on this site (:

70_440-6Cuda

Hey All, thanks for the replies; thanks Alan for the link - I thought that was pricy as well.  I reached out to Resto Rick to rebuild my tweaked set from when the hood flew up, and he said mine are from a B body.... WTF happened to this poor car of mine??  Any case, he has a set of cores and is going to rebuild them - at least I know they will be good quality and his price is MORE than fair.  Which is also why I prefer to buy here - lots of people willing to offer you advice and try to steer you in the right direction.

Thanks everyone
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....