Main Menu

Rimblow/Tuff Wheel steering wheel adapter

Started by CudaJim, December 08, 2021, 06:50:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaJim

ONE SOLD, ONE AVAILABLE.  Not exactly E-body parts, but A and B body steering wheel adapters- I think they are both from A bodies, as one came from an A body with Rimblow wheel.  Each has a horn contact ring and wire and some extra wheel nuts.  One on bottom is SOLD, has gloss black paint, looks like a poor spray can job.  The one on the top looks like original flat black finish.  Each has the male master spline for car (not truck) applications, although the one on the top looks like someone tried to force it onto a shaft while out of alignment so the master spline has a little gouge, but nothing that keeps it from working.  $125 each, NOTE ONLY ONE IS AVAILABLE (TOP ONE).  Shipping is extra, I'd prefer to ship to the US only.  Thanks for the ad.  Jim

CudaJim

Pics rotated on me- flat black one is on the top, gloss black on the bottom in each pic

CudaJim

Bump.

Offers considered.

If you buy both, $200 for both plus shipping.

Jim

anlauto

Are either of these still available ?
@CudaJim if you would consider mailing them USPS to Canada I would buy both for $220.00 Shipping INCLUDED.  :dunno:

I only need one, I would do $120.00 on one, Shipping INCLUDED :dunno:

I can pay with PayPal family and friends :takemymoney:

My shipping address is:
ALAN GALLANT
195 MILLER DRIVE
GEORGETOWN, ON
L7G 6G4
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudaJim

@anlauto

Both are still available.

I'll get back to you, maybe we can work something out.  I'll try to run to the post office and get USPS postage estimates for one or both to your address, hopefully tomorrow.

I've been burned shipping to Canada before on other items (not car parts), usually with some significant extra tariff charge at the border.  I'd welcome any advice or experience on what the extra charges are for sending 'used car parts'.

I have a few other questions that I'll send as a direct message to you.

Thanks,

Jim

70/6chall

I just got through sending some parts to Canada for an enthusiast. I was also hesitant until I talked to the guy over the phone and what he told me made things easier and made some sense. He lives in the Province of Alberta and has parts that he needs for his builds sent to a Parcel Service in North Dakota. When he gets a few parts enmassed at this service he goes down and picks everything up. Not trying to be difficult for our northern enthusiasts would rather not send things over the border. What he has going really makes it simple and cheaper, since I use the USPS for my shipping service.

anlauto

Quote from: 70/6chall on January 20, 2022, 07:43:13 PM
I just got through sending some parts to Canada for an enthusiast. I was also hesitant until I talked to the guy over the phone and what he told me made things easier and made some sense. He lives in the Province of Alberta and has parts that he needs for his builds sent to a Parcel Service in North Dakota. When he gets a few parts enmassed at this service he goes down and picks everything up. Not trying to be difficult for our northern enthusiasts would rather not send things over the border. What he has going really makes it simple and cheaper, since I use the USPS for my shipping service.

That would be great if the borders were free and clear to cross, right now we have to get tested and if you're not vaccinated forget it...

I understand completely if Jim doesn't want the hassle and I told him that already.. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

CudaJim

@anlauto

Alan,

USPS shipping estimates for 6-10 day delivery with tracking:
2 in a box - $56.55
1 in a box - $46.90
1 in a flat rate bag (they suggested, it's snug but fits, but I'm unsure the bag would survive and I'm concerned they may get separated, or I suppose the part get damaged) - $29.60.

These things are heavy for their size.

Above not including undetermined tariff / taxes at the border (I once had to give up another 18% of value on one transaction when the item hit customs - over $200 - that the buyer didn't want to pay, or the item would be turned back).

Also, my problem not yours, but I'm not set up well for electronic transactions, so I end up going through other family members - also, I'm not sure if PayPal F&F tacks on currency exchange fees?

I appreciate the offer (I assume in US $), and would like to see these go to someone who could use them, but I think we're too far apart right now.

If anyone can shed more light or correct me on these US-Canadian transactions, shipping, etc., I'd appreciate it.

Jim

anlauto

CudaJim

Updated ad above.  One adapter is sold, one is available.  Bump.

anlauto

@CudaJim if you would consider mailing them USPS to Canada
I'll up my offer to $150 USD, Shipping INCLUDED :dunno:

I can pay with PayPal family and friends :takemymoney:

My shipping address is:
ALAN GALLANT
195 MILLER DRIVE
GEORGETOWN, ON
L7G 6G4

CudaJim

@anlauto

Alan, Thanks for the offer, I'm thinking about it.  As you know I'd still rather not ship to Canada based on past experience.  I assume you do not have a US shipping address to Buffalo maybe?  Is border crossing still a pain?

Jim

CudaJim