Main Menu

Slant 6 Owners - group buy

Started by ec_co, February 05, 2020, 06:07:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

Hi fellow slanters! I'm about to send my slant 6 engine harness to M&H for reproduction since they do not make one or have the pattern yet (because of this, I can get around YearOnes exclusivity for M&H harnesses this one time). it will take them 10-14 weeks before I even get an estimate for the cost. this post is to create a list of folks that would buy one - I will not be a middle man, once we have costs you would contact M&H directly for payment/logistics. this might be a limited opportunity, who knows if they will make any more in the future.

If you are interested, please post up.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

JS29

Supply and demand at it's finest! meany C code cars get turned into hemi's. I like how you are keeping the car the was it was when you grew up with it.  :twothumbsup:

Ricomondo

Depending on the price I might be in for one?
I sold my /6 E in 2016, but may be in the market again for one in the future if/when I sell my T/A, so I'd probably like to have one on hand just in case. I'll follow along and see how the tooling goes. Thanks for stepping up with this!
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

ec_co

Quote from: ricomondo on February 05, 2020, 02:22:14 PM
Depending on the price I might be in for one?
I sold my /6 E in 2016, but may be in the market again for one in the future if/when I sell my T/A, so I'd probably like to have one on hand just in case. I'll follow along and see how the tooling goes. Thanks for stepping up with this!

based on the cost of small/big block harnesses, I'd say @ $200-250 might be reasonable, but we won't know for sure until they get to it in a couple months. I'll probably pick up 2 since they aren't likely to make any more in the future (not much market for them except us few that want to preserve the slanted Es)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Cuda Cody

This is a great chance for some owners to get a great quality wiring harness that isn't being made. Maybe we should share this info with our Facebook group. I bet there's lots of guys over there that would want in on this too.

7E-Bodies

Deepest respect to anyone keeping original a C car. My first of now 9 E Bodies was a C and I so wish I still had it.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

ec_co

no word from M&H yet, just bumping to the top for visibility in case anyone missed seeing it

JS29

Quote from: ec_co on March 04, 2020, 08:21:14 AM
no word from M&H yet, just bumping to the top for visibility in case anyone missed seeing it
Good things take time.  :yes:

198D13

Quote from: ec_co on February 05, 2020, 06:07:38 AM
Hi fellow slanters! I'm about to send my slant 6 engine harness to M&H for reproduction since they do not make one or have the pattern yet (because of this, I can get around YearOnes exclusivity for M&H harnesses this one time). it will take them 10-14 weeks before I even get an estimate for the cost. this post is to create a list of folks that would buy one - I will not be a middle man, once we have costs you would contact M&H directly for payment/logistics. this might be a limited opportunity, who knows if they will make any more in the future.

If you are interested, please post up.

You should specify that this harness will be for 1970 cars only. The 1971 version is much different. I have two NOS 71 harnesses both in original boxes.

ec_co

and as early as possible in '70 too (Aug build date) if it makes a differnce

198D13

198D13

Another with part numbers