Main Menu

Convertible Owners

Started by 71GranCoupe, March 11, 2017, 03:16:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

:soshelp: I am going to look for a new boot for my 71 vert, as it is the original, but really need to get a new one. So, where is the best/preferred place(s) to buy one? thanks  :thankyou:

303 Mopar

@MoparDave would be my first call.  Not sure if Legendary carries boots.   :notsure:

anlauto

My vote is Legendary Auto Interiors. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CudamanTom

71 Cuda Vert (clone) - 440/4 Black/Black
71 Cuda Hardtop - 440/4 Sassy Grass green/Black
70 Cuda Vert - 340/6 Rally Red/White (Previously Owned)

71GranCoupe

Looks like Legendary is the place. I have never bought a boot before, so a question I have, do the boots come ready to install and already have the clips fastened to the boot, or do they still need attached? thanks guys

Spikedog08

Mine came already attached . . .  :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 14, 2017, 10:54:02 AM
Mine came already attached . . .  :bigthumb:

Thanks for the confirmation :perfect10:, I like to be sure, as we all know what happens when we ASS-U-ME something.  :headbang:

Jay Bee

Just saw this, sorry.
I got mine from Legendary. I know for a fact that the clips were installed BUT i believe the snaps weren't, they came loose. I think they do that to compensate for minor location discrepancies with the panel. Of course, this is all IIRC.

Spikedog08

Quote from: Jay Bee on April 10, 2017, 05:46:09 AM
Just saw this, sorry.
I got mine from Legendary. I know for a fact that the clips were installed BUT i believe the snaps weren't, they came loose. I think they do that to compensate for minor location discrepancies with the panel. Of course, this is all IIRC.

HMMM been a long time but I don't think I had to do anything to the boot . . . just slide it into the rail on the backside of the rear seat . . . . and clip it down.    :thinking:

erik70rt

Last e-body boot cover I got had the clips installed, but I had to install the snaps.  I didn't fit really well, either.  I think I got it from Year One at the time. 

I would go Legendary now.  Never had a problem with their stuff.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Spikedog08

Quote from: erik70rt on April 10, 2017, 07:22:13 AM
Last e-body boot cover I got had the clips installed, but I had to install the snaps.  I didn't fit really well, either.  I think I got it from Year One at the time. 

I would go Legendary now.  Never had a problem with their stuff.

Now that you mention it, I do think we had to install the snaps . . .  :huh:

71GranCoupe

Talked with a vert owner at Spring Fling and he had ordered a Legendary Boot and said the fit was horrible. :headbang: I let him know I had just ordered one and sure hope it fits better than he described, and now others saying the fit is less than good. Now I am wondering, if it was a good move or not. :bricks: time will tell :clueless:

Spikedog08

It has been about 12 years since I got mine and at least then, I think the fit is just fine.  Not sure if it is the same today?   :dunno:

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Spikedog08 on April 10, 2017, 09:45:08 AM
It has been about 12 years since I got mine and at least then, I think the fit is just fine.  Not sure if it is the same today?   :dunno:

Thanks, I feel a little better. :stayinlane:

1 Wild R/T

Agreed, clips are in place you need to install snaps....  I've seen boots that seemed to fit very loose & the immediate suspect it the boot itself when often the real culprit is the back seat which gets bent rearward by overzealous (or overweight) passengers....