Main Menu

1970 340 Throttle Cable

Started by plymouthbelvy, December 21, 2017, 10:55:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparDave

small block is 22 inch, the six pack is 21.5 I just clarified the listing and separately the small block from six pack. some don't like the extra 1/2 inch.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

73_Cuda_4_Me

Just curious... is the problem that the carb end of cable housing barrel goes back toward firewall too far to clamp it properly at WOT???

You might take a look at your throttle pedal... it is possible that the pedal was mashed too hard against WOT and bent the lever the cable hooks into at floor pedal... any bend toward firewall inside has to be adjusted by moving cable back toward firewall at intake bracket to take up that slack... I had to bend mine back toward dash at the top where cable hooks to pedal... the cable barrel was barely in bracket/clamp when I got my car...

Measure throttle movement at throttle pin on carb between idle and WOT, then measure cable mounting clip travel full forward to full pedal applied... you should get similar amount of travel for both... if not, check the 1481 bracket bolted to throttle... edelbrock has install drawing for the 1481 to confirm installation... see pic attached from Eddy file.
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

plymouthbelvy

Thanks for the reply.I will check.Thanks.