Main Menu

1970 challenger black rear seat covers

Started by Challenger in NC, June 17, 2023, 07:41:22 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

Looking for new black vinyl, coachman grain with Regal inserts

Challenger in NC

erik70rt

I take it Legendary is out of stock with a super long lead time?
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Challenger in NC

Quote from: erik70rt on September 13, 2023, 01:06:51 PM
I take it Legendary is out of stock with a super long lead time?

Yeah, I've heard 6-9 months, but I probably need to call them.

Challenger in NC

Quote from: anlauto on September 13, 2023, 01:35:23 PM
What about PG Classic's ?

I contacted PGC a few weeks ago but they only sell the front and rear together, not separately and I am using aftermarket seats for the front. They said once in awhile they will get a return on rear seat covers but nothing currently.

anlauto

Well, Legendary Auto Interior wants $384 USD for the rear cover only, while PG Classics wants $565 USD for both front and rear....
So for an extra $181 USD you get a set of front bucket covers as well....

Now I'm not a betting man, but I think it's safe to assume you could sell the bucket seat covers pretty quickly, heck you might even find someone on here wanting to split the cost of the set with you  :dunno:

Just food for thought if you want to keep your project moving forward :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Challenger in NC

Quote from: anlauto on September 13, 2023, 01:55:30 PM
Well, Legendary Auto Interior wants $384 USD for the rear cover only, while PG Classics wants $565 USD for both front and rear....
So for an extra $181 USD you get a set of front bucket covers as well....

Now I'm not a betting man, but I think it's safe to assume you could sell the bucket seat covers pretty quickly, heck you might even find someone on here wanting to split the cost of the set with you  :dunno:

Just food for thought if you want to keep your project moving forward :drinkingbud:

Thats a possible option and I thought about just keeping them to eventually recover the original front seats, but not sure I want to deal with it. We will see.
BTW, Legenday lead time is currently 43 weeks. I have plenty else to do on the car so I am not against waiting for them, but sometimes I will try to buy ahead since prices continue to climb.

Mr Cuda

Well, let's test and see how you feel about these rear seat covers. A customer had them made for his car, back when things were not readily available.
They were made by a great upholstery shop, he's even a member here. But the  grain is wrong,  and  my guy  couldn't bear to have his front and rear not match. The stitching is nice, they did fit well.
So more expense and he recovered them all.
How  about $70 and shipping?
Or is your car perfect and needs correct,  correct,  correct?

Between the time I  saw your 10 o'clock pist and getting these out to photo, I  see you updated  your post about aftermarket buckets.   Perfect,  here you go.

Challenger in NC

Quote from: Mr Cuda on September 13, 2023, 02:14:28 PM
Well, let's test and see how you feel about these rear seat covers. A customer had them made for his car, back when things were not readily available.
They were made by a great upholstery shop, he's even a member here. But the  grain is wrong,  and  my guy  couldn't bear to have his front and rear not match. The stitching is nice, they did fit well.
So more expense and he recovered them all.
How  about $70 and shipping?
Or is your car perfect and needs correct,  correct,  correct?

Between the time I  saw your 10 o'clock pist and getting these out to photo, I  see you updated  your post about aftermarket buckets.   Perfect,  here you go.

$70 plus shipping sounds like a great deal. I am not concerned about front and rear being a little different because the front seats will be new. So these are basically new with no tears, correct?
What would shipping be to zip 27540? I will send you a PM.

Thanks
Chris

Blowout

Wow, talk about a great deal right there! Very nice.

anlauto

Members helping members...gotta love it ! :grouphug:

Mr Cuda

Another box of something gone,  only 3000 more parts to go.
Funny thing,  I'm still buying parts.