Main Menu

Clutch Safety Switch

Started by anlauto, February 06, 2022, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Looking for a clutch pedal safety switch, any year E Body as long as it's working condition...and you're willing to ship to Canada. :canada:
PM me if you can help out...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

usraptor

anlauto

They're not reproduced unfortunately  :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

YYZ

If it's for the resto-mod, why not use one of the universal switches from Napa or others?  It would be pretty easy to fabricate a bracket.

Aspen/Volare switch could be modded to work (and are a lot more common/less expensive)

Or a new reproduction early 1970s GM switch (Corvette etc.) is less than $100 and again has a similar-ish appearance.

Lastly, if you're using a hydraulic clutch, some clutch master cylinders have provisions for a safety switch.

anlauto

Quote from: YYZ on February 07, 2022, 03:07:32 AM
If it's for the resto-mod, why not use one of the universal switches from Napa or others?  It would be pretty easy to fabricate a bracket.

Aspen/Volare switch could be modded to work (and are a lot more common/less expensive)

Or a new reproduction early 1970s GM switch (Corvette etc.) is less than $100 and again has a similar-ish appearance.

Lastly, if you're using a hydraulic clutch, some clutch master cylinders have provisions for a safety switch.

Thanks for the suggestions Vlad :drinkingbud:
I need the switch for the 426 Hemi Clone I'm building unfortunately ....

For the resto-mods, the Tremec has a neutral safety switch that gets wired directly to the 392's computer.....pretty slick....only starts when in neutral   :twothumbsup:

mopar jack

anlauto

Quote from: mopar jack on February 07, 2022, 06:13:35 AM
Brewers shows a rebuilt switch but requires a core.
http://www.brewersperformance.com/products.php?cat=125

Yup, and now the guy rebuilding them for Brewers has retired  :crying:

anlauto